PO-Project Mgmt-Cons I
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Operations' Project Management job family is accountable for improved business results by providing enhanced decision making support and execution excellence. This job family includes roles responsible for implementing projects, designing and enhancing processes, overseeing Territory, Region and Product Line portfolios and developing and executing major programs. Individuals in this job family work closely with actuarial and quantitative analysts, underwriting and coverage consultants, as well as, business sponsors, field contacts and other SME's to deliver projects on time, within budget and with quality. Responsibilities include interfacing with actuaries, quantitative analysts, and coverage consultants and internal customers in areas such as Technology, State Filings, Marketing, Sales.
The Project Manager Consultant I is responsible for moderately complex and scaled projects and develops solutions to moderately complex business problems and issues. This individual actively contributes to quality and process improvements for small scope of work. Projects include, but are not limited to: compliance projects and moderately complex corrective action.
- Manage assigned projects from end-to-end
- Work with Protection Risk & Compliance, product SME's and Legal to gather and develop project requirements
- Adhere to established project management standards for issue and risk management, project status communication and project close-out activities
- Work with technology and operations partners to resolve execution issues, analyzing pros and cons and providing sound recommendations for resolution
- Identify business risks resulting from project work and escalate to appropriate leadership, providing additional information so the impact of alternatives is understood
- Consult with product SME's to determine resolution to business issues that impact project scope, cost and quality
- Determine key stakeholders and adhere to published processes for communication to all impacted areas (i.e. regions, agencies, customers).
- Review existing process with stakeholders to determine and implement enhancements that will improve quality and drive efficiency
- Provide regular reporting on project activities, progress against timeline and budget
- Identify and recommend process/workflow solutions for IS&O
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; project management certification preferred
- Experience: 2-4 years of related experience; prior insurance industry experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Intermediate problem solving skills
- Intermediate process management skills
- Basic decision making skills
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Intermediate time and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top