PO Fld-FPMO-Sr Mgr
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Field Product Management Organization (FPMO) makes business decisions for a line of insurance or defined marketplace which appropriately consider product, pricing and risk management levers. They evaluate opportunities and challenges in the marketplace and build strategies to address them while ensuring integration with other business units to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
As the leader of the Field Product Management Office and a member of the Market Operating Committee, the Field Product Management Sr Manager will ensure achievement of profit and growth targets for an assigned state/region or line(s) of business. This role designs, develops, manages and leads strategies, initiatives, and people using product, pricing, and risk management skills to achieve business goals.
Leads the FPMO to achieve business goals through five major components of work:
- Leverages team analyses of multiple data points and makes recommendations on rates and risk management guidelines across markets to achieve Regional profit and growth targets
- Monitors mix of business metrics to assure alignment with expectations and plans while guarding against potential adverse selection
- Directs the development/design of new programs, processes or product features that are of high complexity
- Leads creation of concept designs; Ensures feasibility (financial, operational, technical) is addressed and that requirements and measurements are created
- Solicits and integrates input from key stakeholders
- Anticipates and makes recommendations to solve market specific implications of business strategies
- Leverages team analyses of competitive landscape to inform on rate, risk management guidelines and product decisions/recommendations
Development of people
- Creates and executes highly focused development plans to enhance skillsets of employees and future leaders
- Ensures integration, communication and delivery of rating plan changes/projects/products in the region and with agencies
- Ensures enrollment of resources/expertise that are necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments from various AORs
- Communicates and presents project information and updates to senior level management
- Ensures project controls and post-implementation measurement across all impacted AORs
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Ensures appropriate processes and education are in place to maintain the integrity of rating plans and regional risk management policy
- Engages with legal, product and pricing to ensure adherence to state regulatory requirements and laws
As a member of the MOC provides leadership in development of Local MOC strategies while integrating/collaborating with Home Office Underwriting, Line Management, RMBC and other stakeholders
- Serves as a subject matter expert and consults on complex issues from both an internal and external perspective
- Actively engages with all stakeholders in new initiatives, to solve business problems, drive engagement, innovation and improvement
- Proactively integrates and communicates conclusions and recommended actions with all key stakeholders
- Presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Bachelor’s degree; 10+ years of related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and present highly specialized concepts and analysis
- Knowledge of product, price, risk management and insurance regulation, with working understanding of major lines of insurance, rate plans and product offerings
- Working knowledge of current industry standards/environment
- Strong collaboration and relationship skills
- Coach and mentor others
- Plan, implement, manage, and/or sponsor projects that are highly complex and/or large scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top