Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The PMO Manager leads team members, manages time and cost estimates, assigns people to work, collects feedback, reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance evaluations. Band D Managers lead work of critical importance, implement strategic change, and impact results and operational effectiveness. Additionally they confer with and advise direct reports on administrative policies and procedures, risks, issues, problem resolution, sourcing decisions, budget and priorities.
THIS IS NOT A TECHNICAL POSITION. This is a leadership role within our Business-to-Business Allstate Benefits Group. The PMO Manager will be responsible for managing 7 resources in addition to providing mentorship and counsel to members within the team as well as outside the team.
- Builds long-term relationships within team by creating an environment of safety and innovation
o Champions open and honest communication
o Respects confidentiality
o Leads with integrity
o Welcomes new ideas, learns from successes and failures
- Creates an environment of accountability amongst themselves and direct reports
o Sets clear performance objectives for self and staff allowing freedom to accomplish objectives
o Collects staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Leads employees through change by using one's self as an example.
General Management & Decision Making
- Executes team strategy so as to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals. Communicates strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
- Manages day to day work of employees by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope and facilitating project delivery and support for projects of critical importance.
- Makes decisions that are largely operational in nature, implementing policies and processes within the team. Makes decisions that may have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities at the team level.
- Generates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to Allstate business and functional strategy.
Business Partner Management
- Influences direct reports, clients and service providers to successfully deliver on business commitments.
- Sets and manages internal business partner expectations.
- Participates in communications that involve obtaining cooperation on issues that may be complex or controversial.
Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures Project Management Office
- Act as leader to drive attainment of our collective goals in PMO Community.
- Demonstrate active engagement in delivery assurance of our key projects/programs to positively influence business outcomes.
- Demonstrate hands on knowledge of areas of responsibility. Know what your PMs are working on and how you can influence success by removing roadblocks, leveraging data, identify risks and getting troubled projects and programs back on track.
- Understand your workforce needs (scrum, XP, Waterfall) and workforce plan (levels, location, skills) and continuously strive to optimize the mix.
- Have minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience particularly Voluntary Benefits (Preferred but not required); and
- Have a minimum of 5 years management experience of managing project manager's and
- Have intermediate knowledge of MS Project and MS Project Web Access (PRISM/PWA); and
- Have an understanding of SDLC and PMO processes; and
- Have familiarity with the following methodologies: Waterfall and SCRUM or XP
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Relevant project management certification i.e. PMP
- Agile Methodology certification e.g. Certified Scrum Master (SCM)
Flexibility to meet business needs. Up to 10%
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top