Platform Engineering Outbound Product Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Cloud Product Manager is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate's growing ATSV product portfolio. The Cloud Product Manager manages strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. Successful Cloud Product Managers help to identify assumptions and validate those assumptions through the use of product discovery techniques. The Cloud Product Manager is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products. Cloud Product Managers are also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders and peers.
Generic Cloud Product Manager:
- Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to make decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Be recognized as the "voice of the customer"; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Decompose complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team.
- Manage the product backlog, create an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- Develop and execute both an internal and external communications strategy for marketing your products.
- Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional development organization on how to collaborate and conduct idea generation, consumer research, test design and execution, measurement, product implementation, customer interactions and roll out.
- Manage the partnership and communication to senior leaders across the different business areas.
- Provide education to leaders across the company on managing application in cloud environments and how to effectively use cloud resources and services.
- Serve as the interface between the user community and key customers and the Engineering Product Manager; collecting feedback from end users, communicating key releases, leading education sessions to user, and ensuring an open and engaged community
- Works with the Engineering Product Manager to translate user feedback and requirements into features mapped into the product/platform roadmap
- Works with the Engineering Product Manager in interfacing with key partners and service providers (network, storage, etc...) to manage the lifecycle of the platform
- Manages all outbound communications and marketing to the user community and the different business units
- Owns and manages the financials, billing and chargeback of the platform to the different business units and users
- Owns, defines and executes on an education and certification strategy for the different platform user segments
- 5-10 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a new product development team with proven experience in data-driven decision making
- Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a development environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
- Strong understaning and experience in working with cloud services - infrastructue as a service, platform as a service, software as a service
- Strong communication skills; experience in building and managing a strong user community around a technology platform or service
- Understanding of IT financial analysis and showback/chargeback; particularly in analysis of unit costs and billing for end users
- Experience in developing and implementing education and certification programs for different technology areas
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top