- Northbrook, IL
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
We are open to applicants to work from our local strategic Allstate offices in the following cities: Northbrook, IL; Charlotte, NC; Irving, TX; & Tempe, AZ. Strong qualified individuals not local to these markets will also be given consideration as remote / home-based professionals.
The Global Security Fusion Center (GSFC) - Lifecycle Management & Automation team handles all of the systems lifecycle, SOAR, and application development that the GSFC teams' processes depend upon.
GSFC LM&A engineering focus group is responsible for ensuring the proper function of all GSFC systems, asset management, change management, project management for environment development/enhancement/implementation efforts, and comprehensive documentation. A growing team of 8-15 platform engineers perform all the hands-on technical activities to accomplish these goals.
- Contribute to implementation of new technologies to be used by GSFC teams: participate in PoC's, make recommendations, procure products
- Closely support and collaborate with other GSFC team members to identify requirements, develop plans to accomplish requirements, test implementations, communicate/coordinate with affected customers and stake-holders, and then release developed solutions
- Build strong partnerships with technical dependency teams
- Intermediate-level technical hands-on work
- Verification of on-going functionality of GSFC systems and applications (KTLO)
- Documentation: Asset inventory and details, processes, procedures
- Server/application health checking/monitoring
- OS, Software patch management
- Server security hardening
- Automation scripting
- Tracking and driving to completion all deliverables assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 2-5+ years' experience caring for operating systems
- 2-5+ years' experience in application care: admin, patching, vendor support, etc.
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows / Linux server environments
- Experience with virtualization (i.e. VMWare) and containerization (i.e. docker)
- Experience writing and working with automation scripts (bash, python, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring, backup solutions and strategies
- Network mastery or fundamentals (i.e. OS/DoD network models; Ethernet; Switching & routing; IPv4 / IPv6; Stateful inspection firewalls)
- Experience in security related discipline: admin, threat intel, vulnerability management, penetration testing, incident handling a plus
- ITIL knowledge a plus
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices for information security and cyber security operations a plus
- Passion for constant self-improvement and learning
- Intermediate-level analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams
- Excel at prioritizing work and other demands for self
- Self-directed, work with minimal guidance, and recognize when guidance needed
- Passionately customer-service oriented
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc.)
- Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
- Security Certifications (CISSP, Security+, CCSP, CISM, CEH, etc.)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top