PIP Reinsurance Recovery Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Specialty Operations - Involuntary Administration - Reinsurance Recovery Team is responsible for collecting Personal Injury Protection (PI benefit payments once they exceed the retention from the state reinsurer. This group completes activities to support the performance objectives required to collect outstanding reinsurance recoverable balances.
To perform under the direction of PIP Reinsurance Recovery Management in the day to day activities of collecting outstating reinsurance recoverables of assigned claims. Accurately and timely submit request for reimbursements (RFR) and process cash receipts. Maintain appropriate documentation of to assist in collection efforts.
- Prepares Request for Reimbursements (RFR) for claims of basic to moderate complexity following a standard prescribed process
- Review RFR submissions for adherence to the reinsurer "Claim Guide for Reimbursement" prior to submission.
- Performs routine balancing of claim and reinsurance systems (Claim system/ACA/SAP) of basic to moderate complexity claims
- Identify, document and resolve any routine reconciling variances and work under the direction of Management in resolving non-routine reconciling variances
- Recovery claim files are set up properly: diary is kept current
- Ensure all RFR submissions are submitted accurately and timely
- Identify and document the denial/reason codes for aging account balances.
- Prepare monthly status report of aging balances on assigned claims
- Respond timely to Request for Information (RFI) from reinsurer
- Perform assigned accountabilities in accordance with established departmental guidelines
- Participate in testing system changes and enhancements as needed
- Special Assignments as assigned
- General knowledge of the fundamental of Insurance
- 6 month - 1 year related experience in bookkeeping, banking or professional work environment
- Solid PC skills in Microsoft Office
- General knowledge of company and department operations, organization and structure.
- Intermediate time management (organization, priorities) skills
- Intermediate procedural analysis, documentation and communication skills
- General knowledge of company's installed computer software and hardware for submission of request of reimbursement
- Intermediate skills in the utilization of claim files, forms, reports, manuals
- General knowledge of PIP Reinsurance Recovery department policies and procedures
- General skills in RFR submission on processing systems
- Assignments are of basic to moderate complexity, requires independent judgment, perform under general supervision, using procedures standard to the organization
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top