PF-Reporting Quality-Anlst III
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Protection Finance Financial Reporting is responsible for accurate, consistent and timely reporting of financial results for the Protection business unit. This can include improving report integrity and continue to develop one version of the truth through process improvements and gaining definitional alignment across the department.
- Execute quality assurance checks on financial reports to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency of results
- Leverage data, technology, relationships and team members to perform appropriate validation of reports, recommend consolidation or elimination of reports with duplicate data and suggest process improvements
- Maintain Protection Financial credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial data, reporting and consultation
- Participates in quality assurance initiatives during the report build phase
- Perform post-implementation validation (e.g., accuracy, timeliness, etc.) by validating balancing controls, reviewing content and structure and troubleshooting as needed
- Manage end-user expectations, working with manager to resolve identified issues timely and acting as the Reporting COE liaison by obtaining and responding to client feedback
- Provide accurate and timely reports to allow business partners to improve performance
- Consult with report owners on unusual report trends, quality controls and distribution practices.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments
- Analytical skills to compile information requiring combinations of data from multiple sources, the ability to work with numbers and formulas
- Oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- General understanding of financial and accounting concepts
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top