PF Fld-Fin Analysis-Cons II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you interested in being a part of the ongoing success of the largest publicly traded insurance company in the U.S.? Do you want to bring your vision, skills and drive to a Fortune 100® company with over 86 years of financial stability? Does challenging work and unlimited professional growth potential excite you? Then a career in finance services at Allstate is right for you
The Midwest Region Finance team is seeking a dynamic team player interested in Regional Finance support. Ideal candidates will have an analytical mind and enjoy consultative work as partners to Regional departments. Key functions include identifying emerging issues and assisting in development and implementation of Regional specific strategies. The unique Regional structure allows for direct line of sight to results and increased cross functional client interaction.
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
- Collaborate with business partners to identify emerging issues and assist in development and implementation of strategies
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Develop and lead effective presentations
- Monthly Forecasts
- Consultation sessions
- Annual financial plan and interim forecasts
- Data, Reports, Analysis, and Research as well as data and financial modeling
- Exhibits and PowerPoint decks displaying key factors and trends
- Solid analytical skills and work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intermediate business knowledge (i.e. deep financial skills/flow of the numbers)
- Intermediate ability to create reports using a variety of tools (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Financial Analysis experience in an Insurance company or Financial Services organization is a plus
- Microsoft Office software- intermediate PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to create and manipulate Excel based spreadsheets
- EPM BPC planning tool a plus
- Bachelor's degree required with Finance, Economics, Accounting, Math, Business, (or related field preferred) or relevant experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top