PF Fld-Fin Analysis-Assoc Mgr
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Lead and direct daily execution of analysis and communication of financial results, development of compelling storylines and formulation of financial projections for key products, markets and initiatives
Facilitate achievement of business objectives with guidance from the manager and other leaders; while managing multiple deadlines, accountabilities, and competing priorities
Build financial team excellence, developing analysts' technical financial acumen and understanding of the business to position them for rotation and career advancement
Ensure Protection Finance's credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
Serve as financial advisor in absence of manager, assisting Regional leaders and stakeholders in a consultative manner and identifying needs in the areas of forecasting, planning, strategic planning, measurement, business case development, capital management and internal controls
Build and communicate convincing story lines and forward thinking insights (with minimum focus/reliance on the numbers) to help leaders understand results, and anticipate/ understand challenges and opportunities for their business
Prepare the strategic and operating plans for the Region and utilize forecast updates to impact/guide management decisions
Participate on multi-discipline project teams as financial advisor
Lead team members to ensure team efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., conflict/problem resolution, process/system improvements, resource procurement, supportive environment)
Maximize talent through consistent and effective use of the department's talent management strategy
- College degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Math (or related field) or relevant experience.
- Advanced application of basic financial concepts to solve problems, prepare reports for analysis, and plan/forecast operational data.
- Advanced analytical skills including strong attention to detail, ability to compile information requiring combinations of data from multiple sources with the ability to critique and interpret data as well as formulate sound decisions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and advanced interpersonal skills are required to translate findings into action across multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong Organizational and time management skills including the ability to manage through ambiguity, shift timelines, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience in talent and people management (recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, skill development, providing feedback, etc) a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft based applications, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Intermediate experience in BEX Analyzer (FDW) and SAP preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top