P&C Actuarial Analyst (New Grad & College Recruiting)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be innovative. Be a leader. Most importantly – be your analytical, actuarial, awesome self.
Allstate is looking for more analytical leaders, subject matter experts who can drive decisions as Allstate transforms and evolves into the future. We are looking for soon-to-be college graduates to join our Pricing, Analytics and Actuarial Services team in our Chicago Office at the Merchandise Mart. The start date for this position is December, 29 2017, June ,18 2018 or August 20, 2018.
The actuarial analyst supports pricing of personal or commercial insurance lines of business utilizing accepted actuarial standards, methodologies, and knowledge gained through on the job training. They work closely with their Analytics Manager and State or Line Manager to develop appropriate pricing and product strategies to support business goals.
- Conducts reviews of rates for assigned states and product lines, analyzing profit and loss results, past and current trends, projecting underwriting losses and reviewing competitiveness of rates
- Completes detailed analyses, makes recommendations, and prepares rate package proposals for key business partners
- Supports the development/design of new plans, programs, processes and products
- Prepares internal and external communications, including interactions with regulatory authorities and management that will describe and support rules and rate changes
- Shows consistent progress toward attaining CAS designations
- December 2017/June 2018 Bachelor's Degree candidates, preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, or statistics/applied statistics
- Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams
- Standard knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Intermediate – Excel, Intermediate – Word, Beginner – Outlook, Basic - PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
A copy of your unofficial transcript is required for consideration. Please upload a copy of your unofficial transcript under the supporting documents section of your application.
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in empowerment and accountability, Allstate employees are challenged to maximize their own focus, resourcefulness and diversity.
Our fast-paced work environment embraces innovative thinking, continuous learning and collaboration. We are a high-performance organization that believes in celebrating our employees' efforts with a pay-for-performance approach, a competitive compensation package as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Pension plan PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Continuing education tuition reimbursement/exam support
- Inclusive work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- Adoption assistance program
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Commuter benefits
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top