P&C Actuarial Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
P&C Actuarial Analyst
Be innovative. Be a leader. Most importantly – be your analytical, actuarial, awesome self.
Allstate is looking for more analytical leaders, subject matter experts who can drive decisions as Allstate transforms and evolves into the future. We are hiring actuarial analysts in our Chicago Office at the Merchandise Mart.
The actuarial analyst supports pricing of personal or commercial insurance lines of business utilizing accepted actuarial standards, methodologies, and knowledge gained through on the job training. They work closely with their Analytics Manager and State or Line Manager to develop appropriate pricing and product strategies to support business goals.
- Conducts reviews of rates for assigned states and product lines, analyzing profit and loss results, past and current trends, projecting underwriting losses and reviewing competitiveness of rates
- Completes detailed analyses, makes recommendations, and prepares rate package proposals for key business partners
- Supports the development/design of new plans, programs, processes and products
- Prepares internal and external communications, including interactions with regulatory authorities and management that will describe and support rules and rate changes
- Shows consistent progress toward attaining CAS designations
- Applicants with 6 or more months of actuarial or related analytical experience preferred.
- (Applicants currently completing their degree are encouraged to apply for P&C Actuarial Analyst (New Grad - College Recruiting) posting
- Bachelor's degree required – preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, or statistics/applied statistics
- Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams
- Standard knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Intermediate – Excel, Intermediate – Word, Beginner – Outlook, Basic - PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
A copy of your unofficial transcript is required for consideration. Please upload a copy of your unofficial transcript under the supporting documents section of your application.
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in empowerment and accountability, Allstate employees are challenged to maximize their own focus, resourcefulness and diversity.
Our fast-paced work environment embraces innovative thinking, continuous learning and collaboration. We are a high-performance organization that believes in celebrating our employees' efforts with a pay-for-performance approach, a competitive compensation package as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Benefits / Perks:
- Pension plan PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Continuing education tuition reimbursement/exam support
- Inclusive work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- Adoption assistance program
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Commuter benefits
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top