Organizational Effectiveness Sr Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Organization Effectiveness (OE) Center of Expertise (CoE) is the center of subject matter expertise in organization design, organization development and change management. As an enterprise wide function, we provide internal consulting services to executives and senior leaders across the company, to drive sustainable business results for Allstate. We draw on deep experience in internal and external consulting, as well as our varied academic and professional backgrounds (Financial Services, Business Administration, HR, and Organization Development to name just a few), to deliver practical solutions that enhance team, business unit, and organizational performance.
What this role does
The OE Consultant is an individual contributor role. As an OE Consultant, you will support consulting engagements to develop and implement organization design, organizational development, and / or change management solutions.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Support client consulting engagements from entry/contracting through project close – contribute to project approaches and work plans; provide input into, and help to implement, the development of organizational effectiveness solutions
- May lead work streams within larger, more complex client engagements
- Build, cultivate, and maintain long-term client relationships across Allstate
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of OE's practice and methodologies
- Contribute to building capability of other OE consultants
- Bachelor's degree required. A degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational psychology, or related business degree preferred; Master's degree highly desired
- 3-5 years of experience in Organizational Effectiveness with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility and a successful track record of effectively solving business challenges
- Experience as an external or internal consultant highly desired
- Strong program, project and process management skills (complexity, high degree of risk, resource management)
- Able to influence in situations without formal authority and push back when appropriate
- Strong facilitation skills
- Specific skills may include:
- Operating model / business model, business function design, work optimization, staffing models
- Strategy articulation & alignment, senior leadership team effectiveness, culture & strategy integration
- Change impact assessment, large scale behavior change, organizational engagement planning
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top