Organizational Effectiveness Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Organization Effectiveness (OE) Center of Expertise (CoE) is the center of subject matter expertise in organization design, organization development and change management. As an enterprise wide function, we provide internal consulting services to executives and senior leaders across the company, to drive sustainable business results for Allstate. We draw on deep experience in internal and external consulting, as well as our varied academic and professional backgrounds (Financial Services, Business Administration, HR, and Organization Development to name just a few), to deliver practical solutions that enhance team, business unit, and organizational performance.
What this role does
The OE Senior Consultant is a seasoned individual contributor role. As an OE Senior Consultant, you will lead consulting engagements with senior leadership clients to develop and implement organization design, organizational development, and / or change management solutions.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Lead client consulting engagements of moderate to high complexity from entry/contracting through project close - develop project approaches and work plans; continuously monitor progress and manage accordingly; provide advanced organizational effectiveness consulting and solutions
- Lead small teams (1-3 consultants) on client engagements
- Build, cultivate, and maintain long-term client relationships at the senior leadership and / or executive levels
- Lead initiatives that support the ongoing evolution of OE's practice and methodologies
- Develop the capability of other OE consultants
- Bachelor's degree required. A degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational psychology, or related business degree preferred; Master's degree highly desired
- 5-7 years of experience in Organizational Effectiveness with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility and a successful track record of effectively solving business challenges
- Experience as an external or internal consultant highly desired
- Excellent program, project and process management skills (complexity, high degree of risk, resource management)
- Strong ability to influence in situations without formal authority and push back when appropriate
- Advanced facilitation skills, experience in group dynamics and effective workshop design
- Specific skills may include:
- Operating model / business model, business function design, work optimization, staffing models
- Strategy articulation & alignment, senior leadership team effectiveness, culture & strategy integration
- Change impact assessment, large scale behavior change, organizational engagement planning
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top