Org Effectiveness - Senior Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Provides expert-level organizational effectiveness consulting and solutions for large-scale and/or complex projects that increase the health of individuals, teams, and organizations. Leverages change management, organization design, and organization development best practices, tools and consulting to achieve sustainable business results. Serves on the Organizational Effectiveness Leadership Team to help drive the strategy and direction of the Organization Effectiveness Center of Expertise. Is fully proficient in the broader core competencies of the job and has depth in two core discipline areas and expertise in one. Responsible for practice area's projects, prioritization, staffing, resource utilization, service offerings, methodology and tools, and vendor management. Partners with AOC Manager/s for recruiting, development, and talent management for consultants doing work within their discipline. Responsible for all aspects of People Management for direct reports.
- Provide thought leadership for the OE organization and for Allstate in the design of leading edge solutions in the areas of change management, organization design and/or organization development.
- Develop, recommend, and implement solutions that support the strategic and business direction and have a long term impact on achieving business goals.
- Provide expert thought leadership in organizational effectiveness - identify complex organizational, interpersonal, and individual client needs.
- Provide expert organizational effectiveness consultation for senior level leaders at the business unit and enterprise level to help clients achieve competitive advantage and sustainable business results.
- Design and develop complex organizational effectiveness solutions, providing the ability to take a holistic approach to create sustainable change in the context of business strategy. Determine solution development approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the client requirement.
- Leverage external research, models and practices and apply them, as appropriate, to organizational effectiveness projects.
- Design and facilitate senior leadership sessions focused on topics including strategy, organizational effectiveness, and leadership alignment.
Metrics and Measurement
- Lead the design of measurements/metrics that gauge the success of client initiatives.
- Design and present strategic summaries of analysis and recommendations tailored to specific audience/s.
- Monitor and evaluates the work portfolio to ensure alignment and achievement of overall CoE goals and outcomes
- Determine project approach, conduct scoping and make recommendations; develop and resolve budget; develop most effective work plan with timeline and resources; and develop and implement detailed project/milestone planning and estimating. Ensure the appropriate processes are in place and/or develop new project processes. Review and validate accuracy of other's estimates.
- Lead the development of detailed project/milestone plans and estimates for complex projects.
- Provide formal and informal performance feedback to project team members. Identify areas for strength and opportunity as well as suggestions for future projects and development.
- Build, cultivate, and maintain long term relationships including relationships with executive management.
- Manage the expectations of clients through appropriate contracting and ongoing dialogue and feedback.
- Provide coaching and consultation to senior leaders in the context of projects to increase personal and organizational effectiveness.
- Coach, mentor and influence team members to accomplish OE, HR business unit, and company goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of People Management for direct reports, including but not limited to Performance Management, Employee Development, Succession Management, and time keeping.
- Influences and contributes to key decisions around the talent strategy for the CoE
- Models and creates an environment that fosters learning, inclusive diversity, and accountability and high performance
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational psychology, or related business degree; Master's degree highly desired
- 10+ years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility with a successful track record of effectively solving business challenges
- Proven leadership/ management experience
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort
- Ability to "connect the dots" across business units
- Ability to develop solutions, leveraging internal and external services
- Ability to interact with senior leadership
- Expert analytical capabilities
- Broad understanding of Allstate businesses, processes and services
- Budget management experience
- Business and industry expertise
- Strategic business acumen
- Business case development
- Collaboration - works effectively across boundaries to promote two-way communication
- Expert communication skills - written & verbal
- Expert Negotiation skills
- Expert strategic thinking skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Influencing skills
- Microsoft suite skills (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Project. Visio for Organizational Design only)
- Expert presentation skills
- Expert process design skills
- Expert project management skills
- Advanced research skills
- Relationship building/ management skills
- Talent Management - Staff planning and development
- Vendor management experience
- Performance management experience
- Ability to learn quickly and lead courageously
- Working knowledge of organizational effectiveness philosophies and methods, organizational analysis and change skills
- Expert in strategic Organizational Development, Change Management and/or Organization Design
- Expert in strategic Internal Consulting – Develops collaborative consulting relationship that maximize the achievement of the business outcomes, client commitment and long term sustainability
- Advanced Facilitation skills - Demonstrates facilitation skills in facilitating meetings, processes and operations without requiring support from others
- Expert in Strategic Thinking - Training and/or exposure to strategic or long-range planning
- Expert in personal mastery - Demonstrates conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives and desires. Adapts behavior to different people and situations, while recognizing and addressing personal and interpersonal sensitivities
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top