Org Effectiveness Practice Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As the Organizational Effectiveness Center of Excellence Director, you will lead a team of internal consultants to provide consulting services in areas of organizational effectiveness including change management, organizational development and organizational design. As the Director, you will lead the OE practice, which includes leading the overall OE strategy, vision and value proposition, being responsible for recruiting, motivating and developing OE talent, and cultivating relationships with clients across the enterprise.
You will lead and manage team members to help build their capabilities, support their ongoing development, and provide coaching and guidance on work. As the Director, you will also provide expert-level organizational effectiveness consulting and solutions for large-scale and/or complex projects that increase the health of individuals, teams, and organizations.
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the Director will include:
- Leads development of organizational effectiveness CoE's strategic direction to ensure long term impact on achieving business goals and meeting & anticipating enterprise client needs.
- Primary leader of talent development within the team through both direct reporting relationships and through broader coaching and capability building across the team;
- Lead client relationship manager for OE CoE, developing and maintaining key client relationships and continually scanning environment to identify and cultivate future clients
- Provides thought leadership in organizational effectiveness space, identifying, scoping and managing complex organizational and client needs;
- Provide expert organizational effectiveness consultation for senior level leaders at the business unit and enterprise level to help clients achieve competitive advantage and sustainable business results;
- Motivates and supports others on the team and fosters an inspiring environment within the team
- Provides coaching and consultation to leaders, in the context of projects to increase personal and organizational effectiveness as well as coaching, mentoring and influencing team members to accomplish OE, HR business unit, and company goals;
- Leverages change management, organization design, and/or organization development best practices, tools and consulting to achieve sustainable business results
- Leads design efforts for complex changes, ensuring project change management utilization, and prioritizing/developing organizational effectiveness interventions;
- Leads the evolution and advancement of the practices, tools and methodologies used within the team to enable the work and achievement of the business outcomes;
- Builds, cultivates, and maintains long term relationships including relationships with executive management;
- Monitors and evaluates the work portfolio to ensure alignment and achievement of overall team goals and outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a change leader and manager. This individual must also have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Company's stated values:
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative;
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas;
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals;
- Ensure the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs;
- Create an environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively;
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations;
Pursue lifelong learning and personal development.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility in:
- 10+ years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility with a successful track record of effectively solving organizational effectiveness & business challenges;
- A bachelor's degree is required in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related business degree. A Master's degree is highly desired but is not required.
- Proven leadership and management experience;
- Ability to learn quickly and lead courageously;
- Exemplify the leadership principles; represent Allstate's brand and values through a strong work ethic that includes commitment to high energy performance, quality and service excellence;
- Working knowledge of organizational effectiveness philosophies and methods, organizational analysis and change skills;
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort;
- Works effectively across boundaries to promote two-way communication;
- Exhibit an enduring sense of passion, ownership, and commitment for the work, for the consumers of our services, and for the team;
- Expert in strategic Organizational Development, Change Management and/or Organization Design;
- Expert in strategic Internal Consulting – Develops collaborative consulting relationship that maximize the achievement of the business outcomes, client commitment and long term sustainability;
- Advanced Facilitation skills - Demonstrates facilitation skills in facilitating meetings, processes and operations without requiring support from others
- Expert in Strategic Thinking - Training and/or exposure to strategic or long-range planning;
- Expert in personal mastery - Demonstrates conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives and desires. Adapts behavior to different people and situations, while recognizing and addressing personal and interpersonal sensitivities.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top