Operations Senior Unit Manager - Producer Setup
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position is with Allstate Dealer Services; an emerging business unit within Allstate family of companies. Allstate Dealer Services (ADS) provides Finance and Insurance products and services to the retail automotive industry. The ADS Business Operations team performs business processing functions needed for all ADS product lines. Scope of work includes but is not limited to: account & rate setups and maintenance, contract entry & exception processing, and inbound/outbound call center services. Primary customers include Agents, B2B Administrators, Dealers and Consumers.
This position is responsible for managing all Producer Setup/Maintenance business processes and resources to successfully deliver targeted business results. The scope of responsibility includes employee performance management/development, inventory management, meeting/exceeding operational key indicators, initiating and managing operational/employee corrective action plans and effectively manage internal/external business relationships. Due to the financial impacts associated with this role, quality outcomes are critical.
Manage Employee Performance & Development
- Responsible for administering performance management through appropriate and timely feedback, coaching/mentoring, development, and training
Achieve Business Objectives – Productivity, Quality, Timeliness, Customer Satisfaction
- Actively monitor daily inventories; prioritize workloads and/or take action to reallocate available resources as needed to meet business objectives
- Manage action plans when needed to address adverse inventory fluctuations, process gaps and resource deficiencies
- Ensure quality and other operational metrics consistently meet business standards. Initiate corrective action plans to address deficiencies within their scope of responsibility
- Report all daily, weekly, and monthly performance indicators to designated leadership timely; verify information is accurate and completely.
- Respond to any escalated management inquiries timely
- Support continuous process improvement targeting productivity, quality, timeliness and customer satisfaction within scope of responsibility
- Represent the AOR as a SME on various business and system initiatives; complete tasks as assigned
- Ensure business system testing is completed timely and accurately; reviews procedure and/or system changes for scope of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop team members
- Demonstrated ability to apply business acumen/other related experience to successfully resolve operational issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complicated scenarios to individuals and management team members via various forms of communication
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal teams and external business partners such as Agents, Administrators and Dealers
- Ability to analyze data, draw meaningful conclusions and develop appropriate action plans
- Ability to effectively manage work and resources in a high pressure, rapidly changing operations environment
- Process thinker who understands and can effectively manage business / process interdependencies
- Strong Microsoft Excel, intermediate proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite products
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top