Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Do you have a high level of curiosity?
Do you enjoy managing and moving projects forward?
Are you good at analyzing and translating data into meaningful insights?
If you answered yes, then Allstate has a role that is worth considering.
The Encompass Product Management job family is responsible for leading and executing on business strategies and tactics that support the profitable growth of the business unit. With direction and support, you will be tracking minor initiatives, gathering key business metrics, facilitating profitability analysis support, as well an analysis of our competitive landscape and other assignments of basic to moderate complexity. A successful analyst is able to perform more complex forms of analysis, linking different data sources, producing a more in-depth product and communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate and implement assigned countrywide underwriting tactics and execute timely and quality delivery on projects of moderate complexity ensuring appropriate communications to all impacted groups. Includes project design, pre-implementation and post-implementation actions.
- Provide input into the design of new products including product features, rate, underwriting changes, and/or technology
- Prepare assigned work to support pre-implementation activities to include project development, communication strategy, launch design and/or testing plans
- Assist with the design of products that meet our business objectives yet also balance agency impacts for ease of use
- Perform assigned post-implementation activities to include quality testing, issue resolution, and call log management
- Gathers key project measures and provide insights regarding production and quality, comparing against project CBA or expected results; assist in making recommendations for course correction and implement if needed
- Establish and maintain key internal IT relationships
- Conduct moderate countrywide level analysis on recurring underwriting measures to ensure key underwriting trends are identified and communicated to ensure that it aligns with business goals. Communicate results to the Underwriting Department and implement assigned tactics to improve business results.
- Engage other AORs to identify the root cause of changes to key performance measures and identify tactics to address
- Leverage pertinent underwriting tools to meet margin and profitability goals
- Maintain on-going view of PML, understanding how it contributes to the broader Brand and Company targets. Identify, as necessary, the need for strategies to address changes to PML
- Identify agent manipulation opportunities and develop, implement and maintain programs that protect the integrity of our rating plan
- Coordinate efforts of all team members to ensure flawless execution of product deliverables
- Leverage the skills, knowledge, and experience of others to optimize business results
- Develop and maintain strong relationships
- 2 years of related experience; college degree preferred
- P&C Insurance experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Analyzes data and reviews analysis from others
- Strong Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; Advanced – Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Good presentation skills
- Can effectively manage multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top