Operational Risk Senior Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Allstate's Operational Risk & Return Management (ORRM) team reports into Enterprise Risk and Return Management (ERRM). Operational Risk is the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed processes, systems, human factors, or external events. ORRM is responsible for developing the enterprise Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) and overseeing its implementation across Market Facing Business (MFBs) and Areas of Responsibility (AORs). The ORMF includes governance, standards, risk processes and tools through which ORRM directs and assists MFBs/AORs to identify and assess risk, mitigate risk in accordance with appetite and analyze and understand the risk environment overall. Through its processes and framework ORRM provides Senior Management with an enterprise-wide, transparent view of operational risk and supports business strategy through more informed risk taking.
The Operational Risk Senior Manager is a contributor toward advancing the maturity of ORRM and the framework, furthering a culture of prudency and risk awareness through facilitation, communication and training. The Senior Manager role serves as a trusted risk advisor and provides effective challenge in managing operational risk.
Reporting to the Director of ERRM Operational Risk, the Senior Manager will assist in the development, governance, maintenance and implementation of the operational risk program, as well as advise, oversee, review and challenge MFBs/AORs as they implement the ORMF. Specifically, the role will:
- Contribute to enhancing framework components such as taxonomy, reporting, policy, etc. for consistent and appropriate methods across the organization
- Promote risk management practice and culture to strengthen the operational risk environment
- Participate in various working groups to provide risk oversight and guidance as needed during operational process design, remediation programs, etc.
- Provide effective challenge to operational risk assessments, risk event and issues management processes
- Identify and assess severity and likelihood of issues for potential escalation and communication senior risk leadership
- Identify and engage appropriate stakeholders to facilitate targeted deep dives, thematic reviews and any additional directives from senior leadership
Education and Experience
- 10 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; May also have advanced degree
- In-depth understanding of operational risk and governance
- Experience in one or more key operational risk categories (model, business continuity, vendor, data privacy, technology, cyber, fraud), internal audit, or other operational risk area
- Highly developed relationship management, influencing and leadership skills
- People management
- Program/project management
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and influence across multiple levels
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Operational risk certifications (RMA, PRMIA, GARP, ERMA, IMA, ISACA etc.) not required but encouraged
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top