Operational Risk Senior Consultant - Risk & Return Management
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
The Operational Risk and Return Management team provides strategic and operational risk/return support to the Allstate Personal Lines (APL) & Emerging Businesses EB)functions. The team is responsible for guiding the organization by analyzing and optimizing its strategic and operational risk portfolio.
The Operational Risk Sr Consultant II contributes to the strategic initiative to provide operational risk/return expertise to all APL & EB functions. This role is responsible for supporting the implementation of a operational risk return framework across APL & EB. The job serves as a liaison across APL & EB to provide streamlined solutions for operational risk Operational projects and supports the building of an APL & EB portfolio view of operational risk.
- Leads the support of APL & EB Operational Risk and Return Management objectives by actively participating in team meetings and offering innovative ideas to further objectives
- Executes on strategy to develop operational risk return framework across APL & EB
- Performs operational risk assessments with APL & EB business units as directed, with a focus on regulatory risk, and provides innovative ideas for managing, monitoring, reporting, and escalation structure to optimize risk and return
- Leads the support of the identification of operational risk associated with pursuing strategic initiatives by being able to identify potential unintended consequences
- Conducts knowledge sharing process across APL & EB functions
- Manages operational risks projects across APL & EB and establish best practice standards related to operational risk management
- Identifies improvements to current operational processes/systems to ensure compliance systems/processes are optimal
- Reviews and approves APL & EB processes related to standard operational projects; ensures that proper procedures have been followed and support development of reporting and monitoring of key risk indicators; reports and escalates to manger as appropriate
- Conducts monthly or quarterly meetings with APL & EB functions to provide and receive critical information as it relates to the implementation of operational procedures, project definition, and reports
- Provides consultative regulatory risk management support to the areas as needed; researches and answers intermediate inquiries from APL & EB functions
- Organizes/leverages data to analyze trends and sources of operational risk across portfolio of APL & EB projects
- Produces reports and dashboard of operational risk; identifies and proactively addresses any out of pattern trends in monthly reports
- 3-5 years of experience; Bachelor’s degree required
- Intermediate knowledge of professional and regulatory standards
- Innovative thinking to identify and document process improvements
- Decision-making capabilities including problem solving approaches and decision frameworks
- Focus on exceptional customer service
- Possesses quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Desire to move from project to project quickly learning while adding value to the project team and the business
- Intermediate presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to business partners
- Persuasively advocate a position and help build momentum for change and action
- Manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage expectations of key stakeholders
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top