Online Services My Account Product Owner
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Owner will develop and execute website initiatives and projects, primarily focused on the product lifecycle for Allstate branded website application and other emerging technologies, consistent with business strategies. While working closely with various partners, this individual will be the primary leader driving the vision and development of various features on the website, including the capability for customers to easily view their policy information online, provide the ability to make various policy changes, and then to view and easily understand the potential impacts of the policy change.
This Product Owner role will be the key driver of our implementation of an aggressive and critical online self-service policy-related strategy. The Product Owner also serves as the business product team-member working on the day-to-day implementation, development of the website application and an advocate for the self-service strategy across the enterprise to a diverse set of audiences. He/she will closely partner with a wide range of other Product Owners, business and technology partners. He/she will be responsible for development backlog creation, backlog prioritization, story writing, user acceptance, and delivering business value from website features and improvements.
The Product Owner will also serve as a team and company resource in the areas of engagement, marketing and online consumer experience.
This role will be filled by a highly-engaged individual with experience handling a wide-range of projects and relationships, with at least 5 years of proven Web experience from a business point of view and a deep knowledge of insurance products.
- Work with the Product Managers to create and manage a consumer-focused product roadmap, making strategic adjustments as needed based on consumer needs, resource allocation, technology delivery and corporate priority.
- Work along side developers, architects, scrummaster, business analyst, user experience, and quality assurance testers to deliver website features that meet business objectives
- Represent the product team in day-to-day agile scrum team meetings including:
- Daily Stand-Ups
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint and Product Integration Planning
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Backlog refinement & grooming sessions
- Product demonstrations
- Designs, implements and performs user acceptance testing on new programs, services and approaches that meet connected consumer needs.
- Builds and maintains close partnerships with other business stakeholders
- Manage analytics and performance reporting.
- Liaison with key members of the marketing organization on communication programs that raise awareness and drive usage of the website self-service channel.
- Ensure quality of each update with appropriate testing and deployment support
- Analyzing market intelligence, customer research and business results to translate emerging trends into business opportunities, as well as identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies as appropriate.
- Staying abreast of digital media consumption and technology trends and related areas to serve as a subject matter expert and resource to internal stakeholders.
- Cross-functional, individual contributor role that involves presenting the strategic product roadmap to multiple stakeholders, collaborating on features and obtaining buy-in on application design.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years of relevant website experience with leading a cross functional, virtual teams in an agile environment
- Deep knowledge and understanding of insurance lines and self-service capabilities related to insurance policy information
- Advanced relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation skills. Ability to form strong relationships and expands networks across levels and AORs by building high trust environment with healthy conflict and appropriate issue resolution to ensure that diverse ideas and perspectives are heard and innovative solutions reached.
- Self-starter able to work autonomously and pivot quickly based on changing business needs
- Strong team player with excellent organization, communication (oral and written) and coordination skills. Ability to communicate complex concepts and information using a range of communication styles and methods that clearly, accurately and concisely address various audiences, including senior leadership, agents and call center resources
- Affinity for agile development, collaboration and test-and-learn environments
- Passionate about delivering website solutions that exceed expectations.
- Ability to effectively understand data, analyze results, draw insights and conclusions, and recommend appropriate actions in an atmosphere of fact-based decision-making;
- Proven ability to work in collaborative, matrixed environment.
- Proven expertise in marketing, with specific experience in digital marketing, including e-commerce;
- Strong consumer disposition with ability to define and communicate consumer-centric business requirements to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills, including the ability to effectively translate and communicate technical information in a meaningful way to non-technical audiences;
- Solid product/service development experience;
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to achieving business results;
- Multi-channel experience is desired
Other skills required:
- Understanding of technology and emerging website capabilities
- Team player who can blend business and technology
- Rich proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Additional certifications and/or degrees a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top