Office 365 Solution Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Description and Responsiblities
Allstate is seeking a well-qualified, experienced and talented Office 365 Solution Developer to join our Collaboration Services Team.
The Solution Developer will play a central role in leveraging the Microsoft Office 365 platform, partnering with business users; providing guidance and support in implementing solutions using the Office 365 collaboration tool set. The Solution Developer role will be responsible for all stages of requirements gathering, delivery, and support of solutions that meet business needs using the Office 365 Collaboration suite; including SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Flow, Office products, Groups, Teams, Delve, Sway, Planner and third party tools such as Nintex.
The Developer's core responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Development and Implementation of solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, Workflows and Enterprise Search
- Support existing on premise environments and migration efforts to Office 365 with existing tools and/or use of PowerShell
- Document detailed design, functional and technical specifications in developing solutions, adhering to SDLC best practices
- Partner with Data Security to develop processes that ensure the collaborative tool sets and solutions meet established security, compliance and legal standards
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for solution design with an understanding of Information Architecture functionality including: site mapping, application integration, enterprise search, taxonomy, content classification and portal interaction on mobile platforms
- Exhibit an understanding of SharePoint hybrid architecture and have the ability to design, deploy and support solutions in a shared services hybrid architecture
- Create and execute test plans to ensure quality and adherence to standards
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues
- Provide support to all areas of the business and will mentor, train and foster other support tiers
- At least 4+ years hands-on experience in SharePoint Development and 2+ years of experience developing and implementing Office 365 based solutions
- Proficiency in developing search-driven solutions integrating Taxonomy Term Stores, custom content types with the ability to create custom result sources, refiners and display templates
- Experience with Content Migration processes and Tools (such as Metalogix, AvePoint, ShareGate, Microsoft FastTrack)
- Understanding and experience with new Office 365 features such as Delve, Office Graphs, Flow, Groups, Teams and workflow tools such as Nintex is a plus
- Working knowledge of related technologies such as: SQL Server, Internet Information Server and Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, Azure ADFS or Active Directory DirSync is an asset
- Experience with complete Software Development Life Cycle and iterative development methodologies such as Agile, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions
- Strong communication, effective consulting, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines
Education, Training or Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Microsoft Certifications are preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top