NOC Network Infrastructure Manager - 2nd Shift
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
NOC Network Infrastructure Manager – 2nd Shift
The Role of IT Management is to lead the IT organization by: fostering the development of a common vision; providing clear direction and priorities; clarifying roles and responsibilities; recognizing and removing barriers to progress; encouraging and empowering others to achieve; creating enthusiasm and a desire to excel; accurately assessing the strengths and development needs of team members; giving timely, specific feedback and coaching; providing challenging assignments and opportunities.
- A Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the organization by growing him/herself, growing others and growing the business.
- Sets and executes team strategy, including objectives, plans and policies for area of responsibility so as to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals. Communicates strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
- Manages day to day work of employees by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope and facilitating project delivery and support for complex projects of critical importance.
- Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Makes decisions that have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities beyond their immediate team.
- Initiates and implements continuous improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Anticipates issues and develops preventive measures.
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to Allstate business and functional strategy.
Education – Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Skills, Experience Required:
Experience 5+ years people or technical leadership or equivalent experience leading a team or working in a team oriented collaborative environment.
Skills, Experience Preferred:
- CCNP with 5 years' experience
- Cisco NXOS, 7000, 5000, and 2000
- Scripting ability
- VMware or Windows experience would be a plus.
- Juniper routing and switching
- Lan switching – Cisco IOS switching, HP Procurve
- Wan routers – Cisco ISR
- Routing (Moderate BGP, OSPF, route redistribution, Static routes, route maps NAT, PIM SM)
- QOS – CBWFQ, Policing, Shaping, troubleshooting
- Protocol analysis ( TCP/IP required, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SIP)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top