NOC Manager (Weekend Shift Thurs-Sunday)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is seeking a Network Operations Center (NOC) Weekend Shift Manager to join our dynamic team. The hours of operations are Thursday to Sunday from 8AM to 7PM.
• The manager of the NOC will be accountable for leading in the repair, automation, and preventative actions to provide support to Allstate's Infrastructure.
• Capable of providing employees with immediate feedback, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance.
• Experience working in a Growth culture, where employees feel safe, are continuously learning, can practice what they learn, and feedback across the organization.
• Manage a team of diverse skilled engineers in Incident, Change, and Problem management, helping to maximize Availability across the Allstate Enterprise.
• Ensure incidents are worked in a timely manner and with quality and what can't be fixed is turned over to the next shift.
• The NOC manager will be a point of escalation for NOC teams and will be expected to be an active participant leading incident calls.
• Experience working with vendors and or other departments, to ensure root cause and preventative actions are addressed in a timely manner.
• Lead the team in documenting standard operating procedures, creating lesson learned documentation, which can be presented by employees to employees for knowledge sharing.
• Administer and work to continuously improve NOC monitoring/alerting and notification tools.
• Lead, Monitor, and operate the support surrounding a Disaster Recovery tests.
• 3+ years working as an Engineer performing design, planning, documenting, and support technology. With experience in some or all of the following areas:
• Cisco Networks, Red hat, Avaya, Windows, NetApp, Rubrik, Palo Alto, F5, and Infoblox
• Github, Linux, PowerShell, Python, Ansible
• Monitoring tools: Splunk, Netcool, SCOM
• 3+ years people or technical leadership or equivalent experience leading a team OR working in a team oriented collaborative environment.
• Ability to work within the departments shift schedule. If the schedule should change you will be provided notice.
• Ability to drive operational efficiency through data driven decision making, automation, and standardization.
• Experience working in a shift schedule with a follow the sun model, working as part of a global team.
• Experience working in an agile environment to help develop Infrastructure as code using a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
• Previous experience managing a team(s) of Network and System Engineers.
• ITIL Foundation level qualification / knowledge
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top