New Suit Processor - Dallas TX
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate's Staff & Retained Counsel is responsible for managing Insurance Defense and Tort Litigation / Disputes work and related issues/matters. Individuals in this position will be responsible for performing data processing and entry via electronic queues to open new law suits and other matters in support of attorneys and paralegals. They will also support the local office in administrative duties when workloads permit.
Key Responsibilities for this role are:
- Perform data processing and entry of new law suits and other matters via electronic queues for attorneys and paralegals in the Staff Counsel offices
- Make decisions within established procedures and with general supervision based upon the scope of their assigned responsibilities
- They will also support the local office in administrative duties when workloads permit
- Assists management of activities of basic complexity requiring some independent judgment within established procedures standard to the organization
- Monitor and maintain compliance with Team Connect - the Claim Litigation Management System
Key qualifications for this role are:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associates Degree preferred.
- 1-5 years' experience in a litigation setting or prior insurance defense experience preferred.
- Ability to rapidly process and enter significant amounts of data accurately
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time; with support as needed
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Possesses basic communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of immediate work group functions and processes
- Ability to train others on immediate work group functions
- Provide assistance as required to others
- Possesses intermediate level computer skills, including a working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe software and web-based applications including experience with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
- Work well under general supervision
- *Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top