New Grad - Big Data Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This role is responsible for providing input on tracks of work to deliver Big Data solutions enabling advanced data science and analytics. This includes working with the team on new Big Data systems for analyzing data; the coding & development of advanced analytics solutions to make/optimize business decisions and processes; integrating new tools to improve descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics. This role contributes to the structured and unstructured Big Data / Data Science tools.
- Executes basic to moderately complex functional work tracks for the team.
- Partners with ATSV teams on Big Data efforts.
- Partners closely with team members on Big Data solutions for our data science community and analytic users.
- Provides support to team on development of basic to moderately complex technical solutions using Big Data techniques in data & analytics processes.
- Develops innovative solutions to Big Data issues and challenges within the team
- Provides support to team on the development of basic to moderately complex prototypes and department applications that integrate big data and advanced analytics to make business decisions.
- Uses new areas of Big Data technologies, (ingestion, processing, and distribution) that can solve business problems.
- 0 - 2 Years of experience or equivalent skills & ability
- Bachelors or Master's preferred in a quantitative or scientific field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of using software development to drive data science & analytic efforts.
- Experience with database & ETL concepts.
- Experience with various data types (e.g. Relational, Unstructured, Hierarchical, and Linked "Graph" Data).
- Experience in working with statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, CART, etc.
- Ability to code and develop prototypes in languages such as Python, Perl, Java, C, R, SQL, XSLT.
- Ability to communicate and present technical topics to technical audiences.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top