Network Services Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be innovative. Do something that matters.
Understanding the ins and outs of the ever-changing technological landscape isn't what makes you exceptional - your ability to transform concepts into solutions is what sets you apart. Luckily, that's what we value the most about you.
Allstate is a company that is transforming - and we need tech-savvy leaders who can help drive decisions. Are you up to the challenge?
Allstate Network Services Engineers are responsible for the design and operation of critical network services for the enterprise. The engineers covering diverse group of technologies, including application delivery networking, core network services (DDI), and network management and tools, to create solutions that ensure the reliable operation of Allstate's business services
The following describe the specific areas of accountability:
- Develop, plan, and implement complex changes to the platform or applications supported by the platform
- Automate or orchestrate network technologies to improve consistency of delivered service and speed to market
- Recognize and recommend improvements to existing system design and operations to enhance the overall delivery of the services
- Communicate technical concepts clearly with the extended team to aid in the planning of solutions and gain adoption of services
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components
- Collaborate with operations teams to address availability concerns and create proactive monitoring for incident avoidance
The specific skills and competencies required for the position include at least one of the listed focus areas and the shared qualifications:
- Application Delivery and Load Balancing
- Familiarity with application deployment topologies and flows
- Strong understanding of common applications protocols, including HTTP and LDAP
- Understanding of both in-path and DNS-based high availability and load distribution topologies
- Core Network Services
- Strong knowledge of general DNS principles and operations
- Experience with zone and record administration in Infoblox or similar IPAM system
- Network Management and Tools
- Experience in the administration and engineering of FCAPS network management systems
- Knowledgeable about administrative interaction and behavior of network platforms
- Strong understanding of network operations approaches and procedures
- Uses scripting languages, including Python and PERL, in a system administration capacity
- Experienced with REST APIs for system configuration and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (additional work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement)
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise IT environment in a technical operations, engineering, or consulting capacity
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator or Technology Specialist certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional certification
- Knowledge of enterprise data center solutions and technologies
- Familiarity with cloud principles and solutions, including AWS and Azure
- Experience with Akamai CDN deployments and administration
- System administration experience (LINUX/Windows)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top