Network Security Lead Technician
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Environment Protection team provides capabilities associated with network, application, and infrastructure security controls and applies this knowledge to evaluate, test, and rate the effectiveness of these controls within the environment. Individuals in this space review and assess the potential risk of new industry threats, as well as implement and manage technologies capable of averting, detecting, investigating, and/or eliminating those threats. Individuals in this group may liaise with other organizations to help with the collection and management of security data required for legal or investigatory purposes. This position may also identify and analyze business practice irregularities including various information seeking violations and infractions and evaluate potential damages or recommend cost-effective measures to prevent recurrences.
The Environment Protection Technician leads efforts to manage current and emerging threats, including overseeing processes and technologies that are capable of averting, detecting, investigating, and or/eliminating those threats. The technician utilizes advanced security skills to execute on highly complex tasks, projects, configuration, incident review and mitigation, and problem resolution related to any Allstate technological environment.
- Participate in multiple activities associated with complex technologies and processes designed to protect Allstate from current and/or emerging threats: research, investigation, testing, evaluation, design, implementation, configuration, documentation, and/or operations.
- Partner with Architecture on activities associated with technologies and or processes that impact our ability to manage or investigate security risks.
- Conduct risk analysis and/or risk assessments both inside and outside the company (examples include physical threats, internet attacks, malicious code attacks, national security issues and compliance with regulations) and provide recommendations and/or mitigation strategies to management.
- Communicate with peers, partnering technology areas, and direct leadership to help ensure appropriate understanding of current and/or emerging threats, along with steps that can be taken to manage those threats, along with steps that can be taken to manage those threats
- Help drive the planning and delivery of technologies implemented to detect, avert, investigate, and/or eliminate threats to the security of the Allstate environment.
- Drive the review and resolution of security incidents that impact the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of Allstate systems.
- Drive efforts to analyze business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Review, recommend, and approve major changes, and communicate critical changes for supported technologies and processes.
- Perform forensic activities, including HR driven investigations, legal driven ediscovery, and digital review / evidence collection for compromised systems.
- Develops implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of security systems designed to help detect or mitigate risk within the Allstate environment (including functionality, integrity, and stress testing; test matrices; and definition of test methodologies and strategy).
- Lead efforts to ensure plans integrate effectively with other technologies deployed to detect and manage security events within the Allstate environment.
- Document incident resolution and posts to appropriate logs/knowledge base for future reference. Responds to incidents/calls, determines severity, and takes action within the specified service level for rapid response support.
- Resolves complex incidents and escalates highly complex incidents and problems.
Education and Job Qualifications
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years work experience in security or risk management, networking, or related technology based role.
- Certifications in area of specialty a plus. Examples include: CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM, GIAC certs, CFE, CNP, CEH, etc...
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top