Network Security Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Network Security Lead Technical will have the ability to lead, learn and support cutting edge technology as well as the ability to work in both an individual and global support environment. This individual will ensure and assist with the proper support and lifecycle of solutions that support information security including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, proxy servers, and other security solutions. They will identify and evaluate and implement technical security controls to continuously improve the organization's security posture.
- Reviews and evaluates business technology needs, security, and systems requirements to decide on best course of action; develops specifications and performs development, integration, and programming activities for moderately-complex to complex cybersecurity applications, systems, and solutions
- Researches and evaluates potential threats to assess risk and prioritize actions; develops testing plans and scripts to identify vulnerabilities and develop countermeasures
- Conducts code, systems, and process reviews to identify areas of potential vulnerability and communicate to business and technical leaders; develops diagnostics, tools, and patches to assess and mitigate intrusions and attacks
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring for less experienced team members on assigned projects
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years work experience in security or risk management, networking, or related technology based role.
- Moderate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc.)
- Unix administration and application support in a Unix environment experience required.
- Moderate experience with scripting (PowerShell, PERL, PYTHON, etc.)
- Strong Firewall experience : i.e. Palo Alto
- Certifications in area of specialty a plus. Examples include: CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM, GIAC certs, CFE, CNP, CEH, etc...
- Experience troubleshooting web traffic protocols and decryption
- Experience with Cisco IOS. Ability to locate a host on the network for incidents or troubleshooting
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top