Network Security Engineer
- Charlotte, NC
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
We are open to qualified candidates who are able to work from our Allstate strategic offices in one of the following locations: Hudson, OH; Charlotte, NC; or Irving, TX.
Network Security Engineering for engineering design and build for multiple critical security technologies including firewalls, web proxies, IDS, Network Forensics, and Packet Brokers.
- Leads analysis and evaluation of business technology needs, security, and systems requirements; develops specifications and performs development, integration, and programming activities for portions of cybersecurity applications, systems, and solutions
- Coordinates and communicates on potential threats and provides feedback on potential and known vulnerabilities; develops testing plans and scripts to assess risk for technology applications, systems, and solutions
- Conducts code, systems, and process reviews to identify areas of potential vulnerability; develops portions of diagnostics, tools, and patches to assess and mitigate intrusions and attacks
- Develops and expands technical knowledge and capability to communicate and explain complex technical topics to less-experienced team members
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- GIAC Python Coder (GPYC) for SOC Engineers
- Intermediate decision-making skills and ability to escalate when appropriate
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with internal and external partners
- Intermediate time and project management skills including ability to prioritize and organize
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Perform well in a face-paced environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically, and creatively
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to problem resolution
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top