Network Operations Center Storage Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
WEEKEND FIRST SHIFT - Friday thru Sunday - 10:00 am to 11:00 pm.
We are currently recruiting for an entry-level Storage Service Engineer to join our Network Operations Center. This is a support role with the following responsibilities:
- Support responsibilities include 24x7 rotational on-call support, troubleshooting, incident notification and resolution, problem management, post-mortem analysis, and root cause identification.
- Support a production environment running approximately 40+ 7Mode and CMode NAS filers, 60+ SAN switches, and 20+ San Arrays
- Support internal enterprise-wide users: troubleshooting and providing problem resolution for NAS and SAN Storage environment.
- Build strong, positive relationships with internal team members, as well as engineering teams, and field users in business offices and call centers.
- Provide focus and rigor around high availability incidents, driving the incidents which are user impacting, high profile and/or multi-application through to resolution, while communicating the status (outages and returns to service) to leadership.
- Perform trending and performance analysis on incident data to identify potential problems.
- Determine relevance of known problems and resolutions and accurately associate new incidents to those opened investigations
- Entry-level position in the Storage industry with the opportunity to learn and develop your skills.
- Good verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Good troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical, analytical & organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or MIS, or equivalent support experience in a large datacenter environment
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Understand SAN and NAS Storage systems in the below areas:
- SAN Storage Arrays: HDS VSP, EMC VMAX 40K
- SAN Switches: Brocade DCX/DCX4-S, Brocade 5100, Brocade 7800
- SAN Management: Hitachi Dynamic Tiering, Hitachi Command
- NAS Storage; NetApp FAS3260, NetApp FAS6240, Oracle ZFS-SA 7420
- NAS Replication: NetApp SnapMirror, NetApp SnapVault
- NAS Management: OnCommand v2EMC Atmos (hardware)
- ITIL Foundation
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top