Network Engineering Manager- Charlotte
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Network Services team combines network engineering and systems integration to build and operate a large enterprise network. We need a hands on technical manager for our network services team. Our ideal candidate should have a vision on how to direct their team in solving problems and achieve our delivery goals.
In addition, the Network Services team routinely works on functions related to: B2B solutions, remote access solutions, Data Center LAN technologies, Deploying WAN technolog ies , Technology lifecycle management, configuration regression testing and configuration management. We collaborate with our application, infrastructure, and security partners in the release of new services. We also partner with our NOC teams to resolve technology incidents, which impact our business users and services.
• Manage end-to-end lifecycle and delivery of various Data Center and Remote Office Routing and switching infrastructure technologies
• Lead team in the creation of network designs based on industry best practices, engineering standards and support
• Manage and report status of identified risks and incidents
• Lead Team in Lifecycle management code upgrades, vulnerability patching and EOL replacement programs
• Direct team in fulfilling l daily service requests by enterprise consumers.
• Direct team in developing and maintaining detailed implementation plans and processes for support and fulfillment teams
• Provide technical leadership as well as direction for level 3 escalations and event management
• Manage a wide variety of technology infrastructure and business aligned projects
• Ensure team performs design validation and QA testing of new services to ensure successful production deployment
• Manage the capacity and availability of the Network Services infrastructure
• Manage and optimize infrastructure costs (e.g. spend reporting, develop cost savings, etc.)
• Participate as a member of network CAB to review and approve all Network Routing and Switching related production changes
• Assume direct accountability for leading a team. Note: Years as a Technical Lead can be substituted for staff leadership
Core Technologies in Scope:
• Various Cisco Data Center and Remote office Routing and Switching hardware. Including Cisco IOS / NXOS devices.
• Extensive Knowledge in various network and vended protocols (i.e. TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, CDP, NAT, and SNMP
• Experience designing networks solutions that takes into account: Firewalls, Proxies, Load Balancers, and VPN appliances.
• Cisco Wireless Lan Technologies
• Network Management Tool (i.e. Cisco Prime, Enterprise Manager, Service Now, etc.)
Directs, manages, plans and administers administrative activities of a team of network engineers. Supports multiple systems through maintenance, modification, problem resolution, etc. to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations. Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision-making. Manages budget, monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly. Provides input on policy issues.
• Subject matter expertise in managing IP networks, layer 2 and layer 3 switching, WAN Routing (OSPF, BGP), DMVPN, VXLAN, and STP
• Subject matter expertise configuring data center routing and switching components.
• knowledge of Load balancing, IP address management, Firewalls, Proxies, various security tools, and telecommunication circuits.
• Capable of developing, managing, and producing written LAN / WAN standards documents.
• Proven ability to lead team in assessing risk associated change requests in accordance with service-level agreements and approved maintenance windows.
• Proven ability to lead engineers in complex migrations, upgrades, and deploy new technologies and features as part of managing the infrastructure lifecycle.
• Proven ability to lead engineers in implementing secure connections to SAAS cloud based solutions, including AWS and Azure.
• Experience in identifying and onboarding top tier network talent as additions to staff requires it.
• Experience developing plans and executing upon the mentoring and cross training staff at all levels.
• Experience with root cause analysis, risk mitigation, security assessments, analysis of security threats, trends and architecture preferred.
• Knowledgeable on network management and monitoring tools ( Splunk, Tivol, Cisco Prime, etc.)
• Functional understanding of Network Access Control solutions (Switch integration with ISE or Clearpass).
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Experience managing geographically dispersed teams of engineers
• Proven ability to manage short and long term engagements with multiple project tracks and teams
• Ability to interact with clients at all level, from Senior Leadership to IT individual contributor
• Firm understanding of IT Service Management processes, ITIL Certification preferred
Training and /or knowledge of Cisco ACI technologies would be of a distinct advantage.
Training and / or knowledge of SDWAN technologies would be of a distinct advantage
* Cisco CCNA / CCNP , preferred.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top