Network Engineer - Internship (Charlotte, NC)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Consumer connectivity is growing every day—across our cars, smartphones, homes, and in virtually every aspect of our lives. We recognized this trend when we launched Drivewise in 2010, and we haven't stopped accelerating since. When you join our technology team, you'll have the freedom to dream up amazing innovations and explore new technologies. We're looking for technology visionaries who aren't afraid to rethink the way things work.
Today, our telematics sensors now connect more than 1,000,000 consumers, and our mobile user experiences are helping to make our customers' driving experiences more informative, engaging, and fun. So we're not overpromising when we say that at Allstate, you can make an impact on the future of the driving experience and in how consumers connect across the Internet of Things.
As a Network Engineer Intern you will work with others to provide engineering and operational support for the enterprise network, which includes voice and data. You will provide initial response support for incoming calls, network administration functions, network monitoring, and ticket management.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Resolution - The Network Operation Center (NOC) provides enterprise break fix services for enterprise servers and the enterprise network infrastructure
- Monitoring - The NOC is responsible for monitoring the health of the Enterprise Network. This includes monitoring the entire Allstate Network 24x7, including LAN/WAN resources, and Novell and NT Servers
- Must have a GPA of 3.00 or higher (or equivalent) overall and in major
- Preferred candidates will have completed junior year and currently be enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree Program
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Target start date: May/June 2018
- 12 week summer internship program
- An attractive compensation package
- Housing stipend offered to qualified students
- Collaborative team environment
- Planned intern activities; including lunches with Allstate officers as keynote speakers
- Volunteer/community service opportunities
- Potential to receive possible full-time employment after graduation
To learn more, connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top