Network Engineer - Entry Level (Charlotte, NC)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Consumer connectivity is growing every day—across our cars, smartphones, homes, and in virtually every aspect of our lives. We recognized this trend when we launched Drivewise in 2010, and we haven't stopped accelerating since. When you join our technology team, you'll have the freedom to dream up amazing innovations and explore new technologies. We're looking for technology visionaries who aren't afraid to rethink the way things work.
Today, our telematics sensors now connect more than 1,000,000 consumers, and our mobile user experiences are helping to make our customers' driving experiences more informative, engaging, and fun. So we're not overpromising when we say that at Allstate, you can make an impact on the future of the driving experience and in how consumers connect across the Internet of Things.
As a Network Engineer, you will be specifically knowledgeable in enterprise network technologies including Routing/Switching, Server Load Balancing, Wireless, and/or Network Management technology. They will also have some understanding of the interaction between Network and other technologies including Voice, Windows, UNIX, SQL, Oracle, Citrix, and VMWare. The Network Engineer understands networking standards, and is able to apply them in support of business needs within the Allstate environment.
- Plan, manage, and execute complex network system changes in support of customer requests (Request Center, Deployment)
- Support network teams in project Design Review Meetings to clarify project requirements, design solutions in accordance with standards, create CRE estimates, document, and lead solution in coordination with project manager and other assigned resources
- Manage efforts to test, debug, and analyze performance, and document network hardware and software technology components
- Assist with efforts to implement network hardware and software technology components by analyzing the current environment using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of network hardware/software
- Resolve complex or critical incidents, logging and communicating issues and resolutions.
- Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods
- Graduation in winter 2017 or spring 2018
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (preferred Networking) or IT.
- Basic understanding of IP addressing
- Experience with analyzing or building Cisco routing and switching networks
- Programming experience, preferably with perl.
- Able to follow processes outlined by engineers to perform administrative functions.
- Ability to write detailed guides or documents, per direction of an engineer.
- Detailed oriented individual with good interpersonal skills.
- Target Start Date: May/June 2018
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site services: oil changes, dry cleaning, nail/hair salon, convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top