Multicultural Marketing Consultant - African American Marketing
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The purpose of the Product Marketing team is to lead the marketing strategy, planning and development of marketing programs that build consideration, choice and growth for all Allstate products and services. The team develops and executes programs with a consistent brand look & feel and with operational excellence across all media and communication vehicles. The Product Marketing team collaborates with and is accountable to various Allstate business and marketing partners to ensure programs and communications are strategically aligned with the Allstate brand strategy, business unit goals and business strategies.
The Multicultural Marketing team is part of Product Marketing and is responsible for strategy, planning and execution of all Multicultural Marketing Programs, as well as for analyzing business results and identifying key business trends and their implications for Allstate. Marketing programs include both brand equity and revenue –driving programs.
The Marketing Planning and Execution Consultant (Multicultural) supports planning and creative development of marketing programs and leads/manages day-to-day execution of marketing tactics designed to drive profitable growth and retention against the African American consumer segment for Allstate. This position consults with others in Consumer Marketing, MARA, Digital Transformation, Innovation or business areas to gain input to develop, execute and measure the marketing plan. This individual must possess a variety of competencies including strong attention-to-detail, meticulous follow-through, solid communication and interpersonal skills, and has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate is expected to thrive working in a fast-paced, intricate and demanding environment.
- Contribute to the strategy and planning, creative development and execution of national integrated marketing communications targeted at a growing African-American consumer segment, which includes TV, radio, digital advertising, social media, sponsorships and website development.
- Contribute to the development of an AA consumer segment marketing communications strategy by collecting, analyzing and summarizing segment data and trends.
- Engage with a large cross-functional team, including outside agencies and internal Media, UX/Design, Regional Marketing, Corporate Relations and Legal/Compliance teams.
- Manage required day-to-day tasks, including status report and timeline management, meeting coordination, legal and key stakeholder approvals, and maintaining centralized files for reference and compliance.
- Assist with management of program budgets and provide monthly and quarterly budget forecasts to internal finance team
- Assist with the development of presentations, program overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal meetings and presentations; present work internally to marketing leadership and other business partners
- Initiate ideas and actions on cross-functional teams
- Work with solid level of independence on new or unfamiliar projects
- Advanced organization and project/program/time management skills
- Advanced experience using Microsoft suite and PowerPoint
- Strong relationship, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Solid presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; strong ability to write, copy, edit and judge creative
- 2+ years of Marketing experience, preferably including Advertising/Marketing Agency experience
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred: Marketing, Journalism or Communications concentration preferred
- Must be highly motivated and a passionate team player
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top