Mobile Visual Designer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate's rapidly growing User Experience and Design Group is looking for a highly motivated, mobile-focused Visual Designer who will be responsible for crafting innovative, award-winning work of our mobile products. The User Experience and Design group covers a broad spectrum of disciplines including: business discovery and analysis, user research, information architecture, interaction design, content strategy and visual design. Our ideal candidate possesses a broad understanding of multiple design disciplines, but is focused in the discipline of Visual Design.
The Visual Designer will be developing interfaces for native mobile applications within Allstate Mobile. You can expect to work closely with lead designers and take on responsibilities that push you to learn and grow your skills. Passion for user centered design is a must.
Are you able to?
- Create various design artifacts that communicate design intent, including: Moodboards/Style Tiles, High Fidelity Visual Mock-ups, Presentations of work, Icons and Illustrations
- Create visual documentation and specifications of said artifacts
- Understand the nuances of Google Material Design and Apples Human Interface Guidelines and demonstrate when to use specific patterns or deviate from them
- Collaborate on design decisions with all members of the team
- Take direction from the lead designer and all members of the product team
- Understand brand, user and business goals and translate those into innovative and elegant design solutions
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of visual design as it pertains to mobile apps with the ability to communicate constraints for visual treatments to all members of the team
- Strong portfolio demonstrating above capabilities specifically for native mobile products
- Cross-disciplinary collaborator who regularly seeks feedback from all members of the team
- Fluent in Sketch and working knowledge of cloud-based prototyping and design documentations tools like InVision, Zeplin and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of each platform with the ability to translate interactions between iOS and Android
- 3-5 years of work experience in digital design, HCI or equivalent field
- 2-3 years of working experience in native mobile apps and has shipped an app in the past year
- Working experience with style guides and component libraries
- Isn't afraid of asking the right questions to get to the best possible design solution
- Can prioritize, manage and self-delegate tasks that meet project deadlines
- UX or Human Factors training
- Illustration capabilities
- Experience in crafting animations, especially for Mobile apps
- Rapid Prototyping for mobile apps or websites beyond static clickthrough mockups
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top