Mobile Technical Systems Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Internet Marketing Technology (IMT) department partners with eBusiness/Marketing and other departments to deliver innovative technology solutions focused on Allstate enterprise-wide digital metrics and analytics support for Allstate web sites and mobile apps.
As a Mobile Technical System Analyst in the Digital Analytics space you will be responsible for developing mobile app analytics data capture instructions including Android code, conducting data analyses of analytics data and producing reports and dashboards to provide insights into app activity and opportunities. You will also be responsible for implementation validation testing to ensure that digital assets have been properly tagged, participate in investigations to resolve data quality questions and supporting on-going maintenance of data repositories, analytics class libraries and documentation to ensure high quality data.
This Mobile Technical Systems Analyst will work closely with other members of a global team across the enterprise, such as developers, business analysts, quality assurance, production support, architects and end users, to ensure the performance, availability, and consistency of analytics data throughout website applications.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business and technical requirements gathering, evaluation and translating requirements into technical specifications, analytics tag designs and validation testing for Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst) and Google Analytics
- Assisting users in accessing and interpreting their data and providing reports and dashboards that support their business needs
- Android mobile programming skills
- Familiarity with installation of SDKs into mobile apps
- Maintain analytics code and files
- Packet sniffer tool usage for tagging validation for websites and apps (e.g. Charles or Wireshark)
- Ensure data accuracy and resolve data quality issues
- Identifying and assisting in the resolution of data quality
- Managing data access in accordance with governance
- Documenting technical solutions
- Perform project-related and ad-hoc data analysis – including Deep-Dive Analyses
- Communicate data collection issues and report availability issues to business partners
- Provide support for Adobe Analytics, Mobile Marketing environment, Mobile Management configuration, and other features in Adobe Analytics Premium
- Provide user training and knowledge sharing
- Keep Up-To-Date on the Latest Digital Analytics Best Practices and Products
College Degree: required
Major Preference: Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Software Development: Working knowledge and hands-on software design and development experience in Android-Java
- Able to conduct and participate in code reviews of Android code analytics. Additional experience with iOS (Objective-C and/or Swift)
- Able to debug analytics and Android code in apps
- Able to create test apps to validate new analytics SDK features
- Experience with code repositories such as GitHub
- Experience using analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst) and Google Analytics and related reporting tools
- Experience configuring an analytics SDKs in an app
- Experience using Excel for data analysis and reporting
- Developing aptitude for troubleshooting technical issues, data processing flows and common customer challenges in apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts in simple terms
- Ability to learn new domains and concepts quickly
- Able to work independently and implement solutions in a timely manner with high quality.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate should also exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Business Requirements Definition — Mastery of business requirements definition in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses the knowledge, training, and/or experience to deliver Business Requirements Definitions without the support/instruction from others.
- Knowledge — Understands customers' business operations beyond single issues that drive a project and has worked closely with knowledgeable users to meet their business needs.
- Business Analysis — Capable of converting discrete data and basic business concepts and turn them into meaningful information which contributes to successful assignments completion.
- Change Management — Fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate change management processes in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
- Facilitation — Basic proficiency to facilitate meetings and processes where the subject is moderately complex.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to work well with others on diverse projects in a collaborative team environment
- Strong (written and oral) communication and problem solving skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top