Mobile Software Engineer (C++) - Machine Learning
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Data Discovery and Decision Science (D 3 ) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. We are solving some of today's most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver perfect insurance solutions to our customers. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources. As a Software Engineer in D 3 you will get 10% of your time to innovate, learn, collaborate, and teach. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. Developing others and ourselves is key to our success.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineer with strong programming skills, to join our growing Machine Learning Platform Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms on an autonomous, empowered team. We're looking for someone with experience in data science and analytics products. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
We are considering candidates at all levels of experience.
- Develop state-of-the-art software to support machine learning on mobile devices using C++.
- Analyze, design, and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a machine learning deployment, execution, and monitoring across the Internet of Things.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals, including data structures, object oriented design, and algorithms required.
- Strong programming skills required. Experience in a low-level language such as C or C++ strongly preferred.
- Experience in performance profiling preferred.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and their applications.
- Familiarity with unit testing and test automation frameworks preferred.
- Experience building high-quality, reliable enterprise scale applications preferred.
- Experience using Agile or Lean development methodologies preferred.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top