Mktg-Program Msmt-Lead Cons
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Marketing Program Measurement team is responsible for analyzing and measuring the impact of Marketing programs and overseeing the data and analytic processes associated with this measurement. The primary objective is to determine the business impact of Marketing’s investment in consumer-focused marketing campaigns. In addition, the team makes recommendations for driving greater campaign effectiveness and efficiency, including data, model and target improvements. Furthermore, the team constructs the appropriate controlled experiments for continual testing and learning.
This role is responsible for using data to make fact-based marketing decisions. This includes contributing to the development and recommendation of measurement methodologies as well as supporting the creation of experimental designs to derive insight and influence the prioritization of marketing investments. This role contributes to the development of strategies to improve measurement processes and increase efficiency. This role supports internal business clients and external partners to help define and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate understanding of marketing measurement methodologies including creation of control groups, statistical significance testing and experimental design
- Identify and participate in the development of solutions that use new areas of data, research and models to improve measurement methodology and solve business problems
- Demonstrate understanding of Marketing program managers’ and broader Allstate goals and strategies, identifying and proposing the optimal measurement/modeling approach
- Own the identification and solution of assigned business problems by leading the process of assessing issues, requirements, and/or business implications to arrive at and influence optimal solutions
- Develop and deliver insight that improve future campaigns and explain current campaign performance
- Extend expertise in campaign performance to cross-functional teams to aid in development of new marketing strategies
- Develop and manage project plans for moderately complex measurement projects
- Influence strategic decision-making across a wide range of stakeholders
- Manage various analytical projects with a small number of team members
- Develop and execute communication strategies that keep all relevant stakeholders informed, providing an opportunity to influence the direction of work
- Insurance industry and/or Marketing analytics & program measurement knowledge a plus
- This position prefers a Master’s in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, finance, or economics with a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- At least five years of relevant experience including experience with modeling projects
- Advanced technology fluency with key analytic applications (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Dimensional Modeling, SAS, Tableau, Cloudera or other Hadoop distributions
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Ability to deal with an array of data sources, all in different forms and willingness to use an array of tools or methods to create a solution
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and interpret highly complex concepts
- Advanced ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to Senior Leadership and others with different levels of expertise
- Ability to concentrate on a number of loosely defined and highly complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- Microsoft Office skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top