Mktg-Ebus UX Research-Lead Cons
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The User Experience (UX) organization is a multi-disciplinary services organization that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging and productive experience. The organization serves the varying user experience and design needs across the Enterprise and is comprised of UX Designers, Interactive Content Writers, Design Research and Usability Analysts, Creative Technologists and Interactive Visual Designers that come together to design delightful experiences.
UX Research captures end-user needs and goals through a number of research and analysis methods. They also plan, coordinate and conduct evaluative usability testing throughout the design process.
The User Experience (UX) Research Lead Consultant will lead and execute a variety of UX research programs ranging from contextual inquiry, in-depth interviews to interface evaluations and usability testing. This position will execute independently or lead a team to plan, recruit, execute, analyze and report out findings for a variety of different research activities.
- Create estimates and project plans related to UX research efforts for high complex and strategic projects
- Plan and lead research initiatives to gather end-user requirements
- Plan and facilitate teams in the creation of journey maps, user profiles, user scenarios and research objectives, aligned with project and business goals.
- Plan, conduct and facilitate iterative evaluations of user experiences for complex or strategic projects
- Develop and educate others in evaluation techniques and incorporate industry best practices
- Create and provide formal education on design research to other UX team members
- Define and refine UX research processes and influence higher levels in the company to promote the value of UX Research
- Lead multidisciplinary teams/projects through an entire design process, from planning, research and synthesis through to concepting, prototyping and implementation
- 5 or more years of relevant experience within a research function required
- Experience coordinating and directing design research projects and usability tests
- Demonstrated experience planning and selecting the optimal research method for a given project
- Experience training peers and other team members in proper testing techniques
- Experience conducting heuristic reviews for complex application
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility, thrives in collaborative work
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated success facilitating workshops/design sessions
- Experience with Google Analytics, Web Trends, UserZoom, Morae and other usability and analytical software tools
- Four year degree, Master’s preferred, in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field.
- Experience with financial services such as insurance and banking desired.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top