Method of Inspection Coordinator
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate has an exceptional career opportunity for a Method of Inspection Claims Coordinator in Baltimore, MD!
In this role you are responsible for achieving cycle time goals by making sure the Method of Inspection (MOI) chosen at first notice of loss is the best option and changing the MOI if warranted. The individual reviews and coordinates the daily schedules for auto technicians in the field and at drive-in locations. The individual also monitors the supplement hotline, and manages the GANTT schedule and PTO calendar to balance workloads. Good knowledge of the shops, markets and customers, determining when and where claims are distributed for handling. This individual prioritizes cycle times and has a heavy influence on how the business is run for several markets. Provide work guidance and direction to less senior employees. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. Work independently, prioritizing the individual’s own responsibilities, and managing the individual’s own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
- Serves as primary point of contact for FPLs, Auto Technicians and GHRN shops on moderately complex and occasionally complex issues related to inspection and schedule
- Handle calls from the Auto Technicians regarding moderately complex and occasionally complex questions or problems they may have with claim assignments
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Gathers and reviews information and modifies or determines method of inspection and creates MOI assignment in system
- Monitors the Good Hands Repair Network email and vehicles that may be potential total losses, and determines reparability and if repairs can be settled rapidly; sends claim to total loss rapid settlement process or turns claim into field assignment as required
- Plans, prepares and/or updates the schedules for the office (e.g., PTO and adjuster assignments) to maximize the amount of claims inspected and ensure full production and proper distribution of work. This individual has key knowledge of several markets, shops and customer and determines what claims goes where and when.
- Monitors drive-in capacity and fill rates to optimize as necessary
- Tracks and balances workload and Auto Technicians’ schedules
- Instructs dispatchers on MOI changes
- Plans, schedules and participates in team meetings
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex and occasionally complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on medium to large projects
- Triages moderately and moderately complex and occasionally complex total loss claims
- Coordinates GHRN assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general and occasionally broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies general and occasionally broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general and occasionally broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies general and occasionally broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies general and occasionally broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle moderately complex and occasionally complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top