Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The metadata analyst is responsible for establishing an enterprise level metadata repository solution. The metadata analyst plays a critical role in data governance as a liaison between the conceptual forms of metadata and the associated physical and logical versions of data. To be successful this role must have a robust understanding of technology and must also have the ability to collaborate with non-technical people and stakeholders
3-5+ years in the following preferred:
- Strong background in data modeling. Meta modeling, data warehousing and master data management experience are all nice to haves for this role.
- Experience with architecting metadata solutions utilizing purchased metadata repository packages.
- Experience with developing system and data architectures that include metadata repositories and business glossaries.
- Experience with developing data quality solutions and integrating the results into a metadata repository.
- Experience creating and managing medium sized project plans for data architecture initiatives.
- Experience working with Ab Initio is a plus for this role.
- Experience working as a DBA is a plus for this role.
Should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Must have a strong capability to deal with highly ambiguous problems. This is demonstrated through step-by-step and methodical approach to scoping, understanding & exploration to the right solution(s)
- Strong ability to visualize complexity as a method of collaboration & sharing with team members. This skill is used as a collaboration mechanism to collect more points-of-view in the problem solving process.
- Must demonstrate strong presentation skills at multiple levels (high level/conceptual, mid-level/tactical, process-level/practical)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top