Meetings, Awards, & Promotions Coordinator
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a Meetings, Awards and Promotions Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to use your skills in event planning, budgeting and project management. You will consult with team members and/or management to assist in the design, development, maintenance, negotiation, and analysis of Meetings, Awards and Promotions (MAPS) processes.
The work done on this team is fast paced and exciting. This person will need to have basic understanding of the data, information, terminology, and technology used to extract, analyze and communicate data.
- Assist in the development and design of regional incentive promotion structures to include implementation and standardized reporting.
- Prepares and provides data in the formation of sales goals and expense reconciliation.
- Communicates and presents program status.
- Ability to solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
- Consults with team and the MAPs Division Manager to develop schedules, milestones and priorities.
- Tracks own performance and program plan or timeline.
- Assists with all meeting planning standards and processes.
- Assists with food and beverage, hotel and offsite event coordination including site inspections and some overnight travel.
- Builds strong relationships with team members, other regional business units and vendors.
- Communicates and presents work status to team and/or management.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, working under the general supervision of the MAPs Division Manager.
- Supports the Home office Conference team on national award trips and other recognition programs.
- Two years plus of industry or business experience with corporate event planning
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Finance, Business, Hospitality or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to leverage software applications ( Constant Contact, Cvent, etc) in project work
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Project management skills preferred
- Experience with contract negations preferred
- CMP designation is a plus
- Overnight and weekend travel required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top