Meetings, Awards and Promotions Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Provide sales support and administrative support to internal/external customers and business partners. Utilizes a wide variety of systems and channels to investigate and resolve inquiries. Apply in-depth knowledge of department policy, systems, organization, communication, and sales strategies.
Achieve regional business objectives through effectively supporting the needs of our agencies. Oversee the coordination and execution of meetings, awards and promotions that support our regional business results.
- Influence and Engage the division in the achievement of regional and departmental objectives - conducts business planning, sets goals for area, creates long-range plan.
- Conduct all performance management activities, including providing performance reviews, providing regular feedback, recommending merit increases and development opportunities.
- Foster an environment that encourages continuous growth, education and personal development.
- Calibrate with other regional processes, standards, and successes.
- Discuss difficult information and influence and gain acceptance and approval of ideas.
- Develop solutions to moderately complex issues that require creativity and unique approach for resloution.
- Develop succession plan for divisions.
- Oversee expense management and expense reconciliation.
- Assess initiatives that will have a direct impact on meetings and promotions budgets. Effectively track on-going expenses and adjust activities accordingly.
- Overall accountability to establish staffing hiring plan and makes hiring decisions for division.
- Recognize employees for distinguished performance.
- Ongoing Development of all direct reports.
The following are applicable for all divisions the manager is responsible for:
- Attend Regional meetings, functions, and events at the request of the Sales Support Leader.
- Develop and align short and long-term business plans and employee objectives that result in goal attainment.
- Work cross-functionally with other Divisions or Departments to achieve Regional and Home Office Goals.
Meetings, Awards, and Promotions Responsibilities
- Advances unit objectives and regional goals by managing Meetings, Awards & Promotions (MAPs) processes
- Knowledgeable about Allstate sales functions and agency operations in order to successfully integrate processes and services
- Manages data used in the formation of sales goals, budget preparation, and expense reconciliation
- Evaluates process effectiveness by providing measurement and analysis of process outcomes to regional leadership
- Supervises communication and integration of MAPs processes to appropriate audiences
- Travels to meeting locations for site inspections and meeting management
- Responsible for partnering with Home Office on MAPs initiatives
- Develops, implements, manages and monitors plan performance
- Recommend 5-7 years P&C and/or, Financial Services sales support and/or operation management experience
- 4 year college degree required
- 2 years management experience preferred.
- Strong Communication Skills (verbal and written).
- Possesses familiarity with industry including competitors and trends
- Possesses first level sales knowledge, sales processes, back office support knowledge
- Requires knowledge of agent contracts, compliance requirements, Agency Standards, and Allstate policies and procedures
- Experienced implementation tactics for new initiatives
- Experienced using Allstate technology and Microsoft Office products
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top