Master Data Management Product Owner
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data & Analytics Strategy Team is looking for a talented Product Owner to deliver on Allstate’s enterprise data and analytics capabilities that support our ongoing transformation into a data-driven organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and proven experience with data, preferably in geographical information systems or other insurance domains.
Does managing the creation of new data capabilities that are integral to the next generation of products across an enterprise make you drool? Do you want to get in on the ground floor? Are you “geeked” when you hear the words “loose coupling?” How about “interoperability”?
This role will be critical in leading execution and day-to-day activities related to building innovative software products, partnering with an agile team to deliver product vision from inception to delivery and providing product support.
You will partner with some of the brightest minds in agency distribution, data analytics, qualitative research and analytics, architecture, and engineering.
- Oversees and manages product(s) within the Master Data Management portfolio.
- Responsible for the success of a product and accountable for the financial health of product.
- Develops a product vision by engaging with internal stakeholders, customers, and the broader community, then breaks that vision down into actionable backlog of user stories for the engineering team.
- Leads and executes day-to-day delivery of data software product capabilities.
- Serves as primary point of contact within the department and across supporting business units on product scope, requirements, and backlog priorities.
- Reviews the product.
- Works hands-on with the development team by prioritizing, planning, and delivering a software product that meets customer requirements in an agile-development approach and fast-paced environment.
- Collaborates with Waterfall, SCRUM & XP teams & products.
- Job Qualifications
- 5+ years of relatable data experience; minimum of 3+ years of software product development experience and program management experience.
- Insurance domain knowledge in pricing, underwriting, claims, etc. preferred.
- Data experience examples:
- Data Warehousing, Master Data Management, External and Internal data sourcing, GIS, Data Governance
- Software Product Development examples:
- User Stories, Backlog Management, Continuous Integration, User Experience Design, Web services, Cloud Platform, Mongo, HADOOP, ETL, Full Stack Development
- Strong technical and business acumen and experience working in an agile methodology
- Ability to develop, analyze and interpret concepts; ability to solve problems creatively
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaborative skills to lead and collaborate across boundaries to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner; mentor others as needed
- Facilitate (instructing, leading) and deliver formal presentations and demos to stakeholders
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top