Marketing-Research & Insights Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a Manager in the Market Research and Insights department, you will be responsible for designing and executing both custom and tracking research projects. You will provide valuable insights to business partners, recommend actions to be taken, and influence decisions across the business. A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from a business perspective, as well as from a researcher perspective.
This position will require a high degree of independence, as well as collaboration with cross-functional teams to drive consumer-centric strategies based on consumer and customer insights. You will serve as an insights expert using qualitative and quantitative market research, in addition to syndicated research.
- Candidate must have strong analytic problem-solving skills with a solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Strong communication and story-telling skills in both formal and informal settings
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand and transform business objectives into actionable research initiatives.
- Candidate must have the ability to handle multiple projects, and the ability to be detail oriented without sacrificing a broad strategic perspective.
- The ability to pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful story and highlight the key takeaways and action points for the cross functional team.
- Candidate must demonstrate confidence in representing the "voice of the customer/consumer" to business partners.
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently and be flexible to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must display good interpersonal skills - a positive, cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork - both inside and outside the department.
- Independently design and execute research projects based on business partner needs.
- Guide business areas through the market research and insights process to determine the most efficient and effective research designs for their business problems.
- Advanced skills to guide, and partner with external research vendors to execute market insights projects, as needed.
- Analyze and interpret marketing research data and develop meaningful key findings and implications for the business which lead to new marketing concepts and strategies.
- Manage 1-2 ongoing major research initiatives that have organizational impact. Prioritize workflow across several projects – demonstrating the ability to, plan, execute, and complete a variety of projects in a timely manner.
- Be an indispensable thought leader on assigned cross-functional teams (ex: Property, Innovation, Claims, Product Marketing, etc.), understand the business and team needs to be a valued business partner using research and consumer insights expertise to support specific points.
- Present research findings to senior level business team members in both formal and informal settings and on occasion to senior leaders in formal settings, ensuring the audience understands technical aspects of the research and demonstrating the ability to influence and persuade others.
- A thought leader among the team, providing input into team development opportunities and leading/organizing training initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in business, social science, or related is required; Graduate's degree a plus.
- 7+ years of consumer insights experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies is required.
- Excellent report writing and storytelling skills are a must
- Must be able to very effectively time manage and juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- Candidate must have proficient computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Survey software and SPSS a plus).
- Position is not a people manager role currently
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top