Marketing Program Measurement Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Marketing Program Measurement team is responsible for analyzing and measuring the impact of Marketing programs and overseeing the data and analytic processes associated with this measurement. The primary objective is to determine the business impact of Marketing's investment in consumer-focused marketing campaigns. In addition, the team makes recommendations for driving greater campaign effectiveness and efficiency, including data, model and target improvements. Furthermore, the team constructs the appropriate controlled experiments for continual testing and learning.
This role is responsible for maintaining the measurement team's primary reporting environment using a combination of analytic applications. This includes evaluating and recommending ideas to improve efficiency through data automation and effectiveness through reporting enhancements, and updating front-end functionality and back-end code for multiple performance dashboards. This role supports program managers to ensure campaigns are structured correctly and in a way that can be accurately measured.
- Ownership of the measurement team's primary reporting environment, heavily utilized by fellow measurement team members and program managers to report and analyze campaign performance
- Leverage the latest technology solutions (e.g. Hadoop, SAS, Tableau) to streamline reporting; this includes assisting with optimal data infrastructure development and automation of dashboard refreshes and data quality checks
- Break down business problems into solvable components by assessing the requirements and/or business implications to arrive at recommended solutions and contribute to strategic decision-making
- Plan, implement, and contribute to measurement projects that are up to moderate complexity
- Collaborate with outside business units in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions
- Use best practices and moderate statistical/modeling techniques to develop models and/or multivariate tests in the areas of marketing
- Build information platforms or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding data
- Develop "test & learn" prototypes for business solutions so that business users may visually understand and explore a new feature or functionality before implementation to expose design assumptions and drive ideation
- Insurance industry and/or Marketing analytics & program measurement knowledge a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field of study, such as statistics, mathematics, finance, or economics; Master's degree in related fields is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in performing business analytics, with at least two years of relevant experience including experience with modeling projects
- Technology experience with key data extraction/storage applications (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Beginner to intermediate experience with key analytic applications/techniques (Dimensional Modeling, SAS, R, Tableau, Cloudera or other Hadoop distributions)
- Proven ability and eagerness to learn new technologies and concepts
- Ability to deal with an array of data sources, all in different forms, and willingness to use an array of tools or methods to create a solution
- Proven strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and interpret concepts of moderate complexity
- Skilled in providing written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise, including leadership level
- Ability to concentrate on a number of loosely defined situations of moderate complexity, which require project management skills and application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top