Management Consultant Expert
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Relationship Building: Builds, cultivates, and maintains long term relationships within the organization to support project delivery. Develops positive relationships based on trust with partners, effectively communicating across teams, departments, business partners, and users.
- Communication: Communicates effectively in challenging and complex situations. Presents complicated information with efficiency. Assesses the audience during oral presentations, and when necessary can adapt messages in the moment to provide the greatest impact. Ensures the message has been generally understood prior to proceeding.
- Corporate Awareness: Possesses cross-functional awareness. Understands the different contributions from other AORs and works with colleagues from across the organization to achieve better results.
- Project Scoping: Manages the development of proposals and approaches for single or multi-phase complex projects that span multiple teams or areas. Provides thought leadership in identifying client needs and designing strategies and solutions to meet those needs with the appropriate management consulting methodology.
- Project Contracting: Leads contracting conversations of a complex nature to ensure client and consultant needs are identified and intended outcomes are understood. Identifies changes to deliverables and scope. Manages the expectations of customers.
- Project Delivery: Executes complex projects and programs. Seeks and utilizes relevant functional, business, and technical knowledge to identify and recommend the best solutions for clients. Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Provides assumptions for models, interprets results, and reviews and provides feedback to improve the quality of deliverables. Designs and presents strategic summaries of analysis and recommendations for multiple audiences, including executive level.
- Project Management: Provides timely communication of project health. Identifies issues and risk, and forms hypotheses, formulating and implementing recommendations/solutions for clients/users. Manages the resolution of issues. Monitors client satisfaction of delivery.
- Team Development: Leads team in evaluating and pursuing new business and operational improvement efforts. Identifies and implements improvements to internal team processes or to supported business's processes, products, or services. Provides informal training to all levels on the team. Proactively identifies areas for improvement in team members and provides feedback on internal process improvements.
- Consulting Acumen: Builds deep knowledge of management consulting tools and methodologies in specific areas and understands how and when to apply them. Provides expert thought leadership in management consulting. Identifies organizational, leadership, and individual client needs. Contributes to thinking and thought leadership in the internal and external management consulting community. Represents Allstate at industry meetings. Identifies new management consulting techniques and evaluates their application for Allstate.
Job Description Cont.
- Inspirational Leadership - (Advanced)
- Displays integrity, emotional intelligence, and empathetic leadership. Empowers decisions at the right level to speed progress and build accountability.
- Business Acumen - (Advanced)
- Actively seeks knowledge of insurance industry trends and customer expectations. Has an advanced level of understanding multiple areas of business to successfully meet work objectives. Understands and monitors appropriate key business indicators as well as what our competition is doing.
- Facilitation - (Expert)
- Demonstrates high skills due to extensive experience with facilitation in challenging and complex situations. Easily promotes the acceleration of meetings, processes and operations by timely suggestions and, when necessary, firm direction. Consistently expedites the delivery of products and services in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others.
- Connector / Systems Thinking - (Advanced)
- Is able to connect ideas and build towards systems focused solutions. Aligns diverse points of view to reach mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Internal Consulting - (Expert)
- Is able to influence others based on earned respect and extensive experience. Effectively negotiates with others for resources, actions, or buy-in to maximize win-win outcomes. Independently identifies and negotiates work with clients which leads to contract approval. Often serves as a lead consultant in client engagements. Has a proven track record structuring engagement frameworks and decomposing work effort to achieve goals.
- Design Thinking - (Advanced)
- Has advanced experience using design thinking practices to solve complex or difficult problems. Is able to envision and proactively design customer focused solutions.
- Project and Program Management - (Advanced)
- Operates with strong results orientation, holding self and other accountable. Demonstrates advanced levels of expertise in resolving project and program management issues in difficult and complex situations.
- Strategic Thinking - (Advanced)
- Possesses an advanced level of understanding of Strategic Thinking demonstrated by the ability to forecast complex resource needs and recognize risks, merging diverse points of view into shared goals and objectives.
- Change Champion - (Advanced)
- Designs change processes to achieve adoption of KPI's. Has confidence to challenge status quo with resilience and creates productive tension. Embraces and adapts quickly to changing environments and helps others adapt.
- A Bachelor's degree is required for this position. A Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or advanced degree is desired but not required.
- 7+ years' experience in management consulting, business transformation and operating model design, process design and modeling, and/or program and project management.
- Experience leading business projects with a focus on how digital, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and emerging technologies impact optimal business designs is desired but not required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top