Mainframe Network Engineer - Expert - Charlotte, NC
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Responsible for supporting the mainframe network communications environment including Communication Server, VTAM, TCP/IP, FTP and CICS Web Services
- Support operational and project activity for the z/OS mainframe platform by providing mainframe networking expertise
- Design, plan, implement and secure all connections to/from the mainframe
- Proactively evaluate and take appropriate action to improve network performance and efficiency
- Research and implement recognized best practices for managing the mainframe network environment
- Plan, document and execute changes to the mainframe networking environment
- Configure and implement AT-TLS rules
- Provide support for the Sysplex Distributor environment
- Collaborate with z/OS Support, Transaction Systems, Security and Application Support teams in the development of solutions and practices
- Take ownership for and resolve highly complex or critical incidents within the mainframe networking environment
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide 24x7 support; be available for project and maintenance activities outside normal working hours, as needed.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing mainframe network environments
- Extensive knowledge and experience with IBM Communication Server product suite, including VTAM and TCP/IP internals, SNA formats and protocols Implementation, configuration and support of mainframe TCP/IP
- Extensive experience with IBM TCP/IP product suite applications (FTP, LPR/LPD, Telnet/tn3270, OMPROUTE, SMTP, SNMP, etc.)
- Experience with z/OSMF Configuration Assistant
- Full understanding of z/OS networking services, structure and related software
- Able to design, customize and implement VTAM SNA and TCP/IP networks
- Experience with the implementation, configuration and support of CICS Web Services
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve system and network related problems
- Understanding and support of enterprise encryption applications and processes.
Required Competencies and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong leadership skills; ability to effectively coach, mentor and provide direction to other technical resources
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Expert level technical knowledge of the z/OS and mainframe networking environments
- Ability to collaborate with leadership and senior level technicians to assist in setting technical direction
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and team skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top