Machine Learning Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Machine Learning Engineer in Northbrook, IL!
The Applied Machine Learning job family is responsible for researching, designing, and building various scales and complexity systems by implementing supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques. Roles within this family will apply technologies and methodologies associated with machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and/or ontology engineering technologies. Incumbents will work both individually and with small teams to envision and realize cutting-edge ideas through rapid prototyping, development and deployment. Additionally roles in this family will be responsible for long term support maintenance activities as work moves from research and implementation to an operationalized process.
This Lead Consultant is a hands-on, forward engineering role in the field of machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and ontology engineering technologies. Contributes to the realization of cutting-edge technical capabilities into business applications and solutions by being responsible for applying advanced algorithms and techniques to software solutions. Responsible for researching key machine learning technical capabilities in support of Claims, analyzing long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and technology trends, assists in performing strategic venture technology due diligence activities. Additionally this role will perform long term support maintenance activities for work transitioned from D3 to Claims.
- Develops and adapts best practices to design and build medium complexity machine learning systems
- Contributes to design and prototyping of medium to high complexity machine learning systems
- Contributes to the realization of major machine learning technical capabilities in the industry by being responsible for the identification, research and software implementation of these capabilities
- With some technical support, leads a technical team to implement machine learning solutions
- Contributes to effort to revise current practices; lead innovation in technical capability delivery
- Provides influence and technical advice to Jr. level team members when developing solutions
- Reaches out to support and collaborate with other technology functional teams to build the solution
- Represents area of professional and/or technical expertise for Claims
- May be considered a thought leader within the team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence major is preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years full time hands-on software engineering experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years full time hands-on machine learning or artificial intelligence software engineering experience
- Both front and backend technical experience with cognitive business applications.
- Instinctive knowledge of how people will want to use a product, service, or solution that solves a real world business problem.
- Hands on experience with various supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques
- Understanding of various deep machine-learning techniques
- Hands on experience in one or two of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing, or ontology engineering technologies.
- Ability to develop and adapt standard machine learning methods and best practice
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Military candidates encouraged to apply CLK789
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top