L&R-Prod Form & App File-Cons I
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Support Department is responsible for development and implementation of all health, life and disability products. The Department handles filing of all product forms and state required reports with departments of insurance (DOI). Upon DOI approval, the Department partners with multiple internal business units to ensure new or modified forms are accurately implemented. This includes working with business units responsible for policy print, customer correspondence, marketing, corporate websites, underwriting, claims handling, electronic enrollment systems and overall product training to ensure all products, forms and processes are accurately implemented based on DOI approved forms and regulatory requirements.
This position will be responsible for researching health, disability and life insurance laws and regulations to comply with both Group and Individual insurance. Utilize insurance knowledge to provide product expertise to various business units within the company. Analyst Position will be responsible for preparation and submission of policy related forms to applicable insurance departments, responding to objections and question from the various insurance departments as related to the submissions. Upon approval, analyst will implement approved forms.
- Develop new policies for filing with all departments of insurance.
- Review, prepare and submit basic filings.
- Research law and regulations in order to prepare responses to objections.
- Prepare approved forms for implementation.
- Research and compile information for successful implementation of approved forms (Includes coordination with Underwriting, Marketing, Technology, Claims, etc.).
- Ability to communicate with departments of insurance as well as work across internal department lines to ensure compliance with approved policy forms.
- Identify process improvements based on customer or expert's feedback.
- Must be extremely organized, and detail oriented.
- Bachelor's degree – preferred.
- 2-4 years' experience in health and life insurance industry or a legal background.
- Subject matter knowledge of state and federal insurance laws and regulations (preferred).
- Compliance background in the insurance industry (preferred).
- Computer skills and Microsoft Office knowledge (Required).
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills due to high performance environment.
- Knowledge of insurance related websites.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top